Apple Release OSX Lion.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ironsheik

Car
W204 C200CDI SPORT.
Apple have today released OSX Lion today.. Available on the App store..

OS X Lion on the Mac App Store

Anybody downloaded it yet or is about to, post your initial thoughts about it here..

I can see my son downloading that on his MAC.
My PC is now getting a bit long in the tooth and instead of going down the upgrade path I am seriously thinking of getting a MAC.
My younger daughter and future son-in law both work in IT and cannot understand why PC's are still so popular with their creaking slow operating systems.
My sons MAC is almost instant with its applications. Windows based PC's just don't cut it anymore.

Microsoft will be releasing windows 8-windows 7 has been fine-all old computers running xp upgraded fine .Massive improvement from vista.
Not buying into Apple yet-will resist?:crazy:

My Wife has a Mac Book, we both have iPhones but I use a Win 7 Laptop / PC's

I cannot take to it yet and havn't made the move.

Saying that I'm tempted with an iPad so its only a matter of time.

Just been looking at the OS5 which is out soon for the Ipad / iPhone and looks very good some nice features.

Downloaded and burnt to USB drive, but haven't installed yet - need to check it will work OK with Darwin ports etc - too many important stuff from Linux days are running happily here :) Was surprised at how fast it downloaded, considering it being the first day and the fact that it coincided with Covert Affairs new episode (I have a season subscription) and those always insist on pushing the standard resolution down your throat too, even though I only want the HD version ...

tried to download it but then discovered my 4 year old iMac didn't have enough RAM - it requires 2Gb. Went to Apple store online and 4 GB of RAM (thought might as well max it out) was £174!!!!!! Went to crucial memory and its £40

Go figure

£174 vs £40 is the kind of experience I find with a lot of Apple stuff I look at for here (we have a Studio which uses Macs).

Windows 7 is a lot quicker than XP - a lot of companies are still using XP which, even though it is very stable, is a bit slow when compared to the same PC running Windows 7.

I understand Windows 8 might even run on specifications lower than Windows 7.

If you run Windows 7 on a good enough PC, and OSX on a good enough Mac, they both start applications quickly.

However, I know of PCs which takes ages to start applications (even freshly built) and Macs similarly (even freshly built).

I can see my son downloading that on his MAC.
My PC is now getting a bit long in the tooth and instead of going down the upgrade path I am seriously thinking of getting a MAC.
My younger daughter and future son-in law both work in IT and cannot understand why PC's are still so popular with their creaking slow operating systems.
My sons MAC is almost instant with its applications. Windows based PC's just don't cut it anymore.

Get a Mac, you wont regret it... Sure it will take a bit of time to adjust but it will run like clockwork once you get the hang of it...

I have not touched a PC for nearly 7 years..

tried to download it but then discovered my 4 year old iMac didn't have enough RAM - it requires 2Gb. Went to Apple store online and 4 GB of RAM (thought might as well max it out) was £174!!!!!! Went to crucial memory and its £40

Go figure

Crucial memory is the best place for ram.. Cant beat the prices...

I have never owned a PC - been using Apple since the late 1970's ( first was an Apple II , before they became 'Macs' ) .

The first I ever heard of 'Windows' was when I saw a magazine with that title in WH Smith - and I assumed it was for sad people who were 'into' double glazing etc :eek:

Anytime I have had to look at Windows machines , it just seems like an overcomplicated way of doing something that ought to be simple .

I would second crucial memory (on line) is very reliable and although not the cheapest their life time warranty is excellent.UK office in Scotland and normally turnaround with in 72 hours of returning faulty memory.
Dont buy OCZ-they have with drawn from selling memory and hence wont be able to honour "life time warranty"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom