Approved used E63 with expired road tax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last recorded mileage, on its last service, was 4049 miles. I'm expecting a video presentation of the car on Wednesday afternoon, the day they will have the car on their premises, so we'll definitely know the final mileage then.
Should i be losing any sleep that they changed the diff oil at 4000 miles instead of 1800?
I really appreciate your input guys :)
Nope. Many cars don't actually get the diff oil changed at all. You'll be OK. It's not from a back street dealer.

Doesn't mean they don't make mistakes - as I said in my post - I can't find a record of it at all despite the manual asking for it :)

@TheLegacy Where did you see the record ? Online or told by the dealer - I am worried now myself really.

There seem to be far more U.K. management cars than they have managers. I take it with a pinch of salt.

This is because it's a common misconception... 'Mercedes Benz Management' car does not mean the car was driven by a manager at the dealership (as the salesperson would have you believe...), instead it means that car was part of the Mercedes Benz Fleet Management scheme, which is where MB Finance provides lease cars to corporate customers.

Indeed. Although based on the mail conversations I had to verify the mileage before I picked it up - mine was actually driven by the director lol .. who was there at pickup and didn't want to let it go as he loved it.

@TheLegacy Where did you see the record ? Online or told by the dealer - I am worried now myself really.

I’d be worried too - those diffs are damned unreliable once they get past 5000miles. Add to that the worry of not knowing what warranty i have, if any, and I’d be having sleepless nights. If only i could get the Mercedes Me app to work and tell me what is wrong..

I bought an E63 S212 from Mercedes 04/2019.
Again it had sat around for a number of months at Mercedes with no real explanation as to why and little miles during it's stay.

However, I did have an issue with all four tyres (new tyres too) having been flat spotted resulting in vibration throughout the car at speed.
Needless to say no one at Mercedes was interested and I had to replace them myself. Difficult to prove if it was a manufacturing defect or the sitting around caused the issue.

Doesn't mean they don't make mistakes - as I said in my post - I can't find a record of it at all despite the manual asking for it :)

This is what i was sent by the dealer.

What's the story with your E63? Did you buy used or new? How many miles on it? Has it been reliable for you?

And most importantly.... How much fun are you having driving it? :D

Attachments

• IMG-20200629-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200629-WA0000.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 29
Probably a typo, but that says 4049km not miles :)

Probably a typo, but that says 4049km not miles :)

Noticed it my self and if you look again you'll see that all the numbers are in kilometers. Probably someone clicked the wrong unit option 😂

My GT63s was a directors car and it had just over 4k on it when I got it, the sticker was still in the windscreen and I have just had the first (annual) service carried out and they still couldn't confirm if indeed it had been done. An investigation is ongoing but I'm assured if anything happens they will stand the warranty.

Would the fact that the car is coming from an MB-Retail dealer mean a higher standard or is that just typical saleman talk?

To be honest I've seen immaculate approved used Mercedes imported here, but I've also seen the other extreme, still Approved used, cars with badly resprayed bumpers, badly worn or even mismatched tyres.

Too much worry here. Do you have a dealer in Cyprus who could source you a RHD car?

Too much worry here. Do you have a dealer in Cyprus who could source you a RHD car?
Believe me I'm not enjoying the worrying part either 😂 And if i was much of a worrier i wouldn't be ready to pull the trigger on a 55k car with just 5 months warranty, unseen and with out a test drive ;).

I can't wait for some V8 thunder in my life!

There seem to be far more U.K. management cars than they have managers. I take it with a pinch of salt.
It’s a term used to describe a cars registered for a wide variety of reasons by Mercedes-Benz UK, dealers and even hire car companies.

It sounds better than Press car, company car, Staff Car Scheme car, courtesy car, demo car, fleet car or or hire car. There’s nothing wrong with them other than the perception of some buyers.

“Management car“ sounds better (and easier to understand) than “Car used by Sally from UK HR at an attractive rate, and changed before months or X,000 miles“, or “Car used by Hertz”.

In my book ex Management/head office car is code for ex AMG Drive Day car. I would be worried that it might have been off the road getting major work done. Arguably not a reason to run away but you would want to know if this is the case to allow yourself to go in with eyes wide open and have it reflected in the asking price and or a generous MB warranty.

This is what i was sent by the dealer.

What's the story with your E63? Did you buy used or new? How many miles on it? Has it been reliable for you?

And most importantly.... How much fun are you having driving it? :D

My car was three, no wait, five months old with 3500 miles on it. I enjoyed the car for three drives and is since with Topaz lol.

So I technically bought used but with 2.5yrs warranty left which is why I am not that worried.

In terms of differential worry - mine doesn't have a sticker any more, so either it never had one or at the very least I would hope someone didn't just pull it off without actually performing the service.

For my own records I sent both the dealer and MBUK an email asking for clarification. At the end all I want to do is making sure I am covered in case of a warranty issue.

I intend to keep the car (not just a few years) given how rarer V8 becomes. I mean Christ even the C63 will be V6. So far I am happy, no rattles or other issues so far. Only issue I had so far is that I got spammed with battery messages whilst the car is with Topaz (obviously asked them to charge) and several days running a call from the tracking company (mainly 3am) asking if the car was stolen.

Apart from that - all good lol.

I wonder what all the Brooklands track car get sold on as?

It does make you think though...! Who’s ever seen one advertised as such? Now think how many they’ve had in their fleet over the past 10+ years :)

That's true but to be fair, if you buy from private you also never know what you get. An E63S is after all a machine that wants to be tracked really. You could even buy a new car and get a lemon, you just don't know.

In fact, if you get a car that was tracked in Brooklands and it still works like a charm you probably know you don't have a lemon lol.

Just part of the game. Which is why I only buy used cars with most of the warranty left.

The CLS63 that I drove at Brooklands, (the driving day that came with my CLS) had a gearbox that had seen better days, it had a noticeable delay and clunk between changes. I think the mileage was getting up there, 18k from memory, they said then that when they sell them they put a long warranty on them and that anything that needs doing is sorted on them. It had new tyres on when I arrived, by the end of the day the front left was literally toast. They must go through some tyres and brakes there.

It felt really quick but it had spent it's life being thraped!

Just got reply from my sales guy

"
Good morning,

Thanks for the email regarding the rear axle oil change/service.

I have double checked just to make sure, this service is no longer required since May 2019, however the axle oil will need changing at the third service or 31000 miles.

I hope that clarifies this for you.

Have a good day"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom