Approved Used SL350 - how much is it worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Cubanite SL350 I posted at the beginning of this thread has popped up on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-04-Mercedes-Benz-SL-350-Roadster-Automatic_W0QQitemZ280296712866QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item280296712866&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

No longer at Southport Mercedes Benz, at a trader in Preston for £19000! Clearly they couldn't shift it, I suspect the lack of COMAND conspired against it!

The other advantage of that SL is that it is from a MB dealer so I assume it would come with a minimum of one years Tier 1 warranty. I thought COMAND was standard in SLs - oh well! So is it a 7G box? If I was buying one, I would prefer a V8 to a V6, no question but a SL350 with a 7 speed auto actually a reasonable proposition too.

That dealer has quite a variety of SLs, there is a beautiful silver/berry red leather SL500 for 'just' another £2K.

I have been having some 'mad' ideas. My wife has access to her Mini and the GL and I have a Jag X-Type. I was toying with the idea of changing all three cars and reducing to two. An E Class estate for my wife (we have 3 dogs and a disabled son) and me getting something sporty and V8ish! It would depend on the values of the Mini and GL to pay off their respective PCP finance deals. Of to find my calculator ..........

Make sure you are sitting down with a stiff drink when you work out the cost to replace two 08 reg cars now.....if you are going to do it best get on with it - they will fall another chunk when the 09 plate appears.

The Cubanite SL350 I posted at the beginning of this thread has popped up on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-04-Mercedes-Benz-SL-350-Roadster-Automatic_W0QQitemZ280296712866QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item280296712866&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

No longer at Southport Mercedes Benz, at a trader in Preston for £19000! Clearly they couldn't shift it, I suspect the lack of COMAND conspired against it!

I wonder how the use of MB dealer photos (with their flag in the background) would go down with MB ....gives the impression they are a main dealer - although they do state they are a small family firm....

Make sure you are sitting down with a stiff drink when you work out the cost to replace two 08 reg cars now.....if you are going to do it best get on with it - they will fall another chunk when the 09 plate appears.

I realise that, particularly with the GL, I would hope the Mini Cooper wouldn't be such a shocker! I was in MB Preston yesterday and was going to ask about GL values, however, I refrained, I doubt very much that the car is worth more than I owe on it. I will keep it until the PCP deal ends in early 2010.

Time to work on the wife to see if she will give up her Mini!

This is the SL I am seeing next week, it has been relisted by Stratstones in Ulverston. Seems to be the cheapest (or at least one of the cheapest) SL500s on the web at the moment and it is from a MB dealer.

http://www.stratstone.com/vehiclesearch/used/mercedes-benz-used-car-py52rwx.html?qs=false

I wonder how the use of MB dealer photos (with their flag in the background) would go down with MB ....gives the impression they are a main dealer - although they do state they are a small family firm....

Probably not got the car key in their hands yet - just took the photos and listed it straight away.

This is the SL I am seeing next week, it has been relisted by Stratstones in Ulverston. Seems to be the cheapest (or at least one of the cheapest) SL500s on the web at the moment and it is from a MB dealer.

Looks tasty, and a lot of metal for the money.

I realise that, particularly with the GL, I would hope the Mini Cooper wouldn't be such a shocker! I was in MB Preston yesterday and was going to ask about GL values, however, I refrained, I doubt very much that the car is worth more than I owe on it. I will keep it until the PCP deal ends in early 2010.

Time to work on the wife to see if she will give up her Mini!

http://www.stratstone.com/vehiclesearch/used/mercedes-benz-used-car-py52rwx.html?qs=false

it does look good value for money for a 40k mile car - it is not even run in yet. It does highlight what atrocious value for money brand new ones are.

Good Luck Peter.
Im sure youll keep us up to speed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom