Approved used warranty - what is not covered?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kusanku, Nov 11, 2017.

1. kusanku

kusanku Active Member

Car:
    A180cdi Avant Garde
    I bought my e class convertible six months ago from a main dealer as an approved used car with warranty. So far it has needed to go back to the workshop three times, which is a little worrying. The first two times the problem was fixed under the warranty without any problem, so reasonably happy. Recently the parking-brake has been a bit reluctant to release, and yesterday morning it was stuck on. So I called the breakdown service who came out to look at it (took nearly 3 hours to arrive despite quoting me 60-90 minutes when I called). The technician managed to get it to release, but advised it needed to go to the workshop to fix the problem. I picked the car up today, having been told the problem was the release handle sticking and it just needed lubricating, for which they charged me £80!!!!! Hang-on a minute, the car is still under warranty, why do I have to pay. The girl on the desk disappeared to speak with her manager, and came back to inform me that a) the warranty does not cover adjustments and b) it excludes anything to do with the brakes. I begrudgingly paid, but this does not feel right to me. I know replacement brake pads are excluded from the service plan, but it seems rather unfair not to cover anything to do with the braking system. What do people think?

2. Dryce

Dryce MB Enthusiast

Car:
  3. Steveml63

Steveml63 MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML63 AMG
    What is not covered? - anything expensive!

4. Abcan

Abcan Active Member

Car:
    S212 250CDI 2012
    It does look like that’s not included.
    The below is under the ‘What’s not included’ section.

• Handbrake/Parking Brake cables

markjay likes this.
  5. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    To be fair, they do need adjusting, had this done twice on the W203 during the 9 years I owned it.

It's just maintenance.....