Approved used with faulty windscreen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ytee65

Car
c220 cdi AMG line 2014, C200 kompressor 2003
Hi everyone,
I need advice about an approved used c220 i bought a month ago. I found the car in excellent condition and ignored some miniscule spots on the windscreen considering it as part and parcel of the wear and tear on a 2 year old car. However when I was driving home from work a week ago right before the sun sets and the light hits you in the face if you are driving towards it, the visibility became so bad that I had to stop the car and wait for the sun to go down completely. It turned out that those little spots were actually tiny chips on the windscreen and the light was spreading after hitting them! i took the car back to the dealer at Mercedes Shrewsbury and after inspection they have decided to replace the windscreen.
My question is whether this will decrease the value of the car and if so is the dealer liable to pay me back the difference? If not then do they ATLEAST owe me an apology which has not been forthcoming until now.
Many many thanks!

I wouldn't expect a new windscreen would decrease the value of your car.
I would be thanking MB Shrewsbury for agreeing to replace your screen free of charge. You are a winner all round save the inconvenience of a few hours for the fitter to do his work.

Why do you think they owe you an apology, they have done the right thing and replaced or are replacing your windscreen free of charge and as you're getting a original windscreen can't see why it would affect your resale value

It's a windscreen that will always suffer chips of varying sizes.

It wouldn't have been an mot failure so you should feel grateful that they've agreed to replace it.

It's an approved used car, they've gone above and beyond to keep you happy. Rather than them apologising to you, I think you should buy the after sales manager a bottle of wine.

All seems like excellent service from MB to me.....

1. As above, new windscreen won't affect your car's value.

2. You should also be aware that under the Approved Used scheme you can replace the car with another within the first 30 days.

3. The dealer did the right thing.

4. Just wondering how did the windscreen get so badly chipped in the first place, and how come the paintwork isn't affected?

Thanks a million for the feedback. I am really glad i asked before going back to the dealer.

1. As above, new windscreen won't affect your car's value.

2. You should also be aware that under the Approved Used scheme you can replace the car with another within the first 30 days.

3. The dealer did the right thing.

4. Just wondering how did the windscreen get so badly chipped in the first place, and how come the paintwork isn't affected?
I have no idea markjay, nor does the dealer. All I know is that the previous owner used the car mostly for going up and down the motorway. The paintwork is slightly affected by similar spots but not so prominent , I did get the star guard protection when I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom