Approximate Number of SLK 32 AMG left?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

londoner2001

Anyone know roughly number of black slk 32 amg that were sold in the UK?

Thank you for that, looks at least like the majority are still knocking about, so hopefully black one will at least pop up over next few months.

They are very thin on the ground generally, so limiting yourself to a black one is making it even harder for yourself. I was after an SLK32 a few years back, there were generally only 4-5 for sale in the country at any one time, nearly all silver (the one colour I didn't want).

After about a year of looking (and nearly buying one sight unseen), a nice example cropped up only ~30 miles away. It was silver, but otherwise ticked all the boxes and I was prepared to compromise on the colour by that point so went off to view with high hopes.

Checked out the car, all seemed right so off we went for a test drive. This was at a dealers and he was happy for me and the Mrs. to take it out unaccompanied so long as I left my keys and driving licence behind - very trusting.

Now came the bombshell - within half a mile we both decided we didn't like it :(. The seats were uncomfortable - there was a bar that sat about halfway across my back which quickly would have turned into a major annoyance, and the power delivery on the V6 just didn't match my previous C43. The 32 is very quick, no doubt about it, but as the power seems very linear it just didn't have the same sense of occasion :dk:. Anyway, we turned round after a couple of miles, took the car back and explained it wasn't for us. Very disappointing after all those months looking.

I guess the moral is, if you're looking for a car that's rare, go and see the first one you find within striking distance, even if it's not your ideal spec. Better than wasting a year poring over the classifieds to find "the one", only to discover it's not all you thought..

However, on the plus side I carried on saving and managed to bolt myself into an SLK55 a couple of years later. I'm still loving it :D

Cheers,

Gaz

Thanks for this, your right better try before looking for ages will try one the silver ones!

Somebody else on here was after a 32 but didn't like it when they finally drove one and ended up (I think) with a standard 320.

Would have to be the 55 for me :D

Back in (I think) 2002 I bought an SLK32 new from Rossetts (now Mercedes Eastbourne)

Probably the most disappointing car I have ever owned, no real character and nowhere near as quick as it should have been (yes I did take time and care to run it in properly).

Sold it after 6 months, I guess its still out there somewhere, Azurite Blue, side Kompressor badges removed. Only good news was I hardly lost any money as they were quite in demand when first launched.

So I echo the comments above - do try before buying!

Here we go, a newbie digging up an old thread:rolleyes:

I was behind an 02 SLK32 on the M4 over the weekend, and it was red !
I've read the above link regarding how many of these cars are still about, but there's no mention of colours.
So, does anyone know how many red ones were imported or are still around ?

Maybe the driver is a member here:D

The AMG Supercharged V6 in my 32 is faster than any NA 55 I've ever came across.

I prefer the 32 engine over the lazy NA 55.

This is coming from an SLK55 owner and a previous 203 C55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom