Apricot orange paint code 482 on R107/C107

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Strela

Car
380SL
My 1983 380SL is due for a respray and I'm looking for a change from the original thistle green. I'm (perhaps foolishly) intrigued by a colour called apricot orange (code 482) which I believe was only available between late 1979 and early 1981. Does anyone know of any SLs or SLCs in this colour, or have any info on production numbers for it?

Like this one? :eek:

apricot__1662.jpg

The one above looks a bit darker than I remember.

482_apricotorange.jpg

More like this.

That's the one. It's pretty far out - as people may have said in 1980.

The pictures you've posted are some of only a small handful of photos that I have come across, and they all seem to be non-UK cars. I may be about introduce an alien species to the UK....

Very frustrating when you can't easily pick your car out in the car park.

Last edited:
Seen this first hand back when it was current on 123's, saloon & coupe, but not on an SL. It didn't look nice or outstanding back then as cars still came in a myriad of colours unlike now.

What plans have you got for your car? Factory standard or the modded look? What interior do you have? As it's thistle, green for a guess?

Gof for it! I'm all for colours. Anything is better than black or silver - although one of mine is silver.

Interior is dark green, which I don't think would clash any more with the apricot than anything else would. Although the whole experience would be like sitting in a bag of Opal Fruits. No plans for any mods. It's having a full engine-out bare metal respray and body restoration. There are plenty of superb colours from that period, many of them more elegant than apricot but there's just something about it.....something rather retrofabulous. However, I may have to give up drinking because I don't think I could look at it with a hangover.

Somebody, somewhere other than California, must have ordered an SL in this colour back in the day.

The rarest colour for an SL? Respray underway. Very tricky to get two pictures where it looks the same colour.

Attachments

• SL96.JPG
    SL96.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 21
  • SL91.JPG
    SL91.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom