April tax hikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave.tam

Car
A250 AMG & W205 C250d Sport with Premium Plus pack
Has anyone else seen this?

Better change up to a C43 before April methinks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 106
Thanks whitenemesis, I'll have a read :)

Or perhaps not if you are following the 'Judder' Threads!!!!!!

Oh I'm following! I seem to be the only A class owner with the problem!

Oh I'm following! I seem to be the only A class owner with the problem!

Funny you say that I have an 66 plate A class 200d at the moment and no hint of this problem either... As for ordering a new +£40,000 car suggest you be quick as you will be lucky to get it before April!!

I'm assuming it's because I have 19" wheels, but I'm going to take a video when I get the time, as its as bad as the others I've seen on here. The noise it makes is quite scary and sounds like there's damage being done somewhere.

Anyway! If there's a moderator around, this thread can be closed if needed as there's already a thread on the 2017 VED bands as pointed out by whitenemesis :)

Thanks

This isn't exactly why I gave up waiting for a build slot for my order when a similar spec car came up in dealer stock. Imagine trying to sell a like for like car, one April build, one march, I know which one id buy used in two years time!

I suspect that the VED changes for 2017 have been a factor in bringing forward the purchasing decision of private individuals, certainly in the mid to upper end of the market, which has contributed to UK car sales at record high in 2016.

Very true.

This might have a big impact on the next car I buy. Recently I've wanted a C43, but the high price tag will incur the higher higher £40k+ extra cost for the first 5 years.

Now I'm thinking of heading back to my original thought, a 5.0l mustang, as its sub £40k price tag means I'll only pay £140 a year VED! That is correct isn't it??

Now I'm thinking of heading back to my original thought, a 5.0l mustang, as its sub £40k price tag means I'll only pay £140 a year VED! That is correct isn't it??

Your first year will be CO2 based, which might be more than £140 on a Mustang, but subsequent years will be £140.

Your first year will be CO2 based, which might be more than £140 on a Mustang, but subsequent years will be £140.

Excellent, that's what I thought.

The first year is always included in the OTR price anyway, so it now seems like a bargain!

What a complete and utter joke.

Over 400quid to tax a ****ing VW UP over 3 years. Really? Its got a hamster in a ball.

I know right! It kills off the small car, but makes a 5.0l mustang a more attractive option lol

It's ridiculous that I'd pay the same on a 5.0l V8 as a 1l ecoboost fiesta!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom