APS30 retrofit problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vincentsemper

Hi all,
i have retrofitted my ML (june 2002) with a Comand2 and sent my previous aps30 to a friend of mine to mount on and old E class (i think w210).
The E class was previously equipped with an audio10 system and my friend plugged the unit without trouble to the connectors but.......
The navigation is not working !!:mad:
He receive up to 8 satellite but the position is wrong and not updated.
Is someone so kind to give me the magic solution ?

The second question is related to my ML retrofitted Comand2.
As i wrote in a previous post, i have not the w163 comand but a w210 and i'm using a can bus simulator. The question is: the previous C plug was inserted in the APS30 where i have discovered (thaks to this board) there is the CAN High and CAN Low connection so perhaps using this cables (available in the ML, previously used and not now with the comand) i can connect the A1 (gal) and the CANs coming from that connector avoiding the simulator ?:confused:

Again thanks in advance to Alfie and the others experts of the board.

Vincent

vincentsemper said:
Hi all,
i have retrofitted my ML (june 2002) with a Comand2 and sent my previous aps30 to a friend of mine to mount on and old E class (i think w210).
The E class was previously equipped with an audio10 system and my friend plugged the unit without trouble to the connectors but.......
The navigation is not working !!:mad:
He receive up to 8 satellite but the position is wrong and not updated.
Is someone so kind to give me the magic solution ?

The second question is related to my ML retrofitted Comand2.
As i wrote in a previous post, i have not the w163 comand but a w210 and i'm using a can bus simulator. The question is: the previous C plug was inserted in the APS30 where i have discovered (thaks to this board) there is the CAN High and CAN Low connection so perhaps using this cables (available in the ML, previously used and not now with the comand) i can connect the A1 (gal) and the CANs coming from that connector avoiding the simulator ?:confused:

Again thanks in advance to Alfie and the others experts of the board.

Vincent

Your M Class would not have had CAN bus cables at all in the C connector as the W163 ML does not have a CANBUS. You may have had a CD wakeup cable in your C connector plus power for a CD changer but definately no CAN wires. You cannot connect any wires up to the CANBUS wires on any car. It just wont work and may damage the CANBUS (if there is one).

As for your friends APS30, it sounds very much like he has no speed pulse connected to the APS30. He will need to find it and make sure its connected up.

Regarding the APS 30,if the vehicle is fitted with a speed pulse, it may be the system, has not yet determined its position. It takes time to determine its position,in some cases an hour or more.

The system should be switched on, and set to its radio mode. The navigation CD must be loaded. Drive the vehicle and press the " i " button. When the system displays the correct street name, the new position determination is complete.

wobbly said:
Regarding the APS 30,if the vehicle is fitted with a speed pulse, it may be the system, has not yet determined its position. It takes time to determine its position,in some cases an hour or more.

The system should be switched on, and set to its radio mode. The navigation CD must be loaded. Drive the vehicle and press the " i " button. When the system displays the correct street name, the new position determination is complete.

It is an E class and i think the speed pulse is available, perhaps there is a disconnected cable.
The unit has been installed a couple of weeks ago, the initial position is correct but not updating while driving.
Probably there is also a star update to do cause the unit was previously installed on an M class, that's the confirmation i'm searching in the forum if someone did it this previously.

Thank you
Vincent

vincentsemper said:
It is an E class and i think the speed pulse is available, perhaps there is a disconnected cable.
The unit has been installed a couple of weeks ago, the initial position is correct but not updating while driving.
Probably there is also a star update to do cause the unit was previously installed on an M class, that's the confirmation i'm searching in the forum if someone did it this previously.

Thank you
Vincent

You shouldnt need any coding for it to work.

The speed pulse should be on pin1 of the A connector. If not, then you will have to locate it in either the passenger door sill or drivers door sill.

I have seen at least one E class which had a pink wire on pin1 A but the wire was not connected to anything the other end so even if a wire is present, it does not follow that it is actually connected to anything at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom