Aqua-Steel Rust Treatment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vito

I have just purchased a 2003 230 SLK for my daughter that has only done 49K from new with a full MBSH from a friend of mine who owned it from new and always kept it garaged.

The bad news is there are small rust bubbles appearing on the N/S/R wheel arch and with it being an immaculate looking car I would like to get this sorted out.

My son works on the North Sea rigs and has sent me 5 litres of Aqua-Steel that the maintenance crew use for rust treatment,the question is has anyone used such a product and does it work ?

Any suggestions gratefully received.:D

rust treatment, rust converter for cars, ship rust treatment paint, anti rust treatment, rust water treatment, metal rust treatment, rust treatment products, rust remover

Rust converters do work; I have used them. If it were me, I would have no hesitation in using stuff that is rated for such extreme conditions; the over-the-counter-offerings would pale into insignificance I would think.

Edit: There may be one or two MB owners who would take your hand off for some of that stuff!

I bought some after reading of its virtues on here somewhere. I've used it on some old ironworks, a Jeep and the wife's horse trailer. All the rust turned into 'not rust' and I've painted over with various stuff, Hammerite, car paint etc, all good, no hint of anything coming back through. Only about six months max since I did any of this, but so far so good.
I tend to treat my cars and bikes like planes and boats - it must be exacting and reliable enough for aviation and tough enough to dip in the sea.
I'll be using it on the C43 soon.

Just had a read up on this stuff, sounds very promising, especially if it's used in the North Sea, think I may purchase some and give it a go! Is it easy to paint over? I have a few rust patches I need to sort.

Just had a read up on this stuff, sounds very promising, especially if it's used in the North Sea, think I may purchase some and give it a go! Is it easy to paint over? I have a few rust patches I need to sort.

Yes. I would advise using wet and dry to make it smooth beforehand though…….not teaching you to such eggs. Although not necessary with some, I always put some primer on top (over the converter) as a base coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom