Aquamist HFS4 Install on Stage 2 S/C C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee C63

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 (weistec supercharged)
Just had a Water / meth system fitted to the C63….main reason for this was to help control IAT (even though I have a Killer chiller installed). I opted for the HFS 4 Aquamist kit which will allow me to have the ECU map finely tuned and may give a slight increase in power (due to the Meth raising the Octane level of the fuel slightly). However, I won’t hold my breath on seeing any noticeable power gain.
Very happy with the install, which was carried out by Stan (Stans Autos in South Shields) and I am currently having a pod custom built into a A pillar panel to see if it looks any better than the pod on the dashboard. Originally I was thinking of hiding the Gauge out of site. Hiwever, it’s a good visual indication that everything is working OK and can be finely tuned if required.
At the same time I also changed out all the fuel injectors (having had 2 fail recently) and also installed Weistec spark plugs which are a Range colder. I was quite impressed that Weistec give a specific torque for the plugs which ensures the “electrode tip” is orientated correctly in the cylinder for maximum efficiency. Might be just my imagination but the car seems more responsive and feels like its running smoother???
I took it out for a quick “ run” and was impressed to see the IAT drop to 25 degrees at full throttle which is a significant improvement.
I would say that Water Meth is probably not required for a N/A C63 but with forced induction and the well known issues with heat soak I think it’s a worth while mod.
Big thanks to Stan and his team for the work (He has also installed the same system on his S63).

IMG_0593_zpsacqhjx6p.jpg Photo by leehanson110174 | Photobucket

IMG_0592_zpshflmvfgy.jpg Photo by leehanson110174 | Photobucket

IMG_0591_zpsxi4ybkic.jpg Photo by leehanson110174 | Photobucket

IMG_0590_zpsefjt1s2q.jpg Photo by leehanson110174 | Photobucket

IMG_0591_zpsxi4ybkic.jpg Photo by leehanson110174 | Photobucket

Mint Lee, love it..... Now get yourself to event so we can have a race!!

Nice installation !

I feel you will be very impressed with the ability and reliability of the Aquamist system.

Running a one range cooler set of plugs is a wise move indeed.

Enjoy !

Hi lee

Where abouts did you purchase the weistec spark plugs was it direct from weistec themselves thinking of replacing these standard ones with these at next service.

wouldn't it be a good idea to get 2 maps.

1) specifically tuned with the water/Meth system on and thus giving you more power
2) one just tuned without the water/Meth system on, that way you just have extra security against det.

and then being able to switch between the maps.
run it on map 2 all the time, this way you prevent ever loosing an engine cause the bottle is empty and you didn't see the alert or ...

and then when you're at an event and now for sure it's full working load map 1 on there.

or even better is to get an ECU that controls the water/meth system all together.
But that will need to be a stand alone ECU.

Hi lee

Where abouts did you purchase the weistec spark plugs was it direct from weistec themselves thinking of replacing these standard ones with these at next service.

I did get them direct from Weistec. However they are a range colder so more specific to forced induction applications.
Not sure if they would be of any benefit on a N/A engine

wouldn't it be a good idea to get 2 maps.

1) specifically tuned with the water/Meth system on and thus giving you more power
2) one just tuned without the water/Meth system on, that way you just have extra security against det.

and then being able to switch between the maps.
run it on map 2 all the time, this way you prevent ever loosing an engine cause the bottle is empty and you didn't see the alert or ...

and then when you're at an event and now for sure it's full working load map 1 on there.

The car will be on the Dyno for a full day getting plenty logging in a few weeks to see the effect of the Water Meth and the Killer chiller on AFR etc.

To be honest i am not interested in anymore power, and its more a "protective measure" having it installed than the thirst for more power. And it should help keep heat soak at bay, so i have the full power available at all times.

Nice!

So the car won't be mapped further on the Meth system.
That way you'll, as you, say, always have full power and won't run into troubles when the Meth system fails for some reason.

Had a pod fabricated onto the A pillar.....probably not everyone's cup of tea. However, the guy that done it has done a cracking job using OEM material ( he usually restores interiors for classic cars) means I can keep an eye on the gauge and it's easy to switch on and off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 76
That looks a very neat job ..i had thought about a similar set up but am still in 2 minds about external guages..but from a keeping a eye on things perspective its ideal

That looks a very neat job ..i had thought about a similar set up but am still in 2 minds about external guages..but from a keeping a eye on things perspective its ideal

I was expecting it to look a bit crap, which is why I bought a spare pillar to put it back to stock if required.
However, the photo does not do it justice it looks spot on.

Considered a dual pod so I could also monitor AFR but think that might start looking a bit "boy racer"

my thoughts exactly..in my previous car i had i had guages and displays covering everything bar a rectal thermometer display and its way ott and not suited to the c63
def considering the 507 bonnet vents after craig gets his done

Hi Lee

I keep thinking you may have reached the point where something like Syvecs, or similar could be the best piece of kit to provide you a complete tuning package. The traction control control alone would be a major step forward, also the safety features and host of auxiliary ports.
I don't don't doubt the current ECU isn't capable but Syvecs would allow you to exploit the full potential of your set-up.
It's not cheap but tuning high end cars never is, would potentially tame the beast and provide optimum control.

Hi Lee

I keep thinking you may have reached the point where something like Syvecs, or similar could be the best piece of kit to provide you a complete tuning package. The traction control control alone would be a major step forward, also the safety features and host of auxiliary ports.
I don't don't doubt the current ECU isn't capable but Syvecs would allow you to exploit the full potential of your set-up.
It's not cheap but tuning high end cars never is, would potentially tame the beast and provide optimum control.

Interesting you mention this. We are looking at fitting in addition to the standard ECU an aftermarket ECU on the SL55 Weistec.

i wldnt move away from the orig ecu .....though a syvecs is a nice ecu i think the mb unit is far more suited for road cars.i had a syvecs on my last car and its silly things initial starting where the syvecs required two rotations of the cps before firing and if your battery was a bit flat you wld end up with ****loads of fuel being thrown in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom