Arches rusting. I have my 1998 E class up for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks John I wasn’t aware of that

Nor me... I presumed it was £60 a fortnight or similar and after 22 weeks you might as well have given the car away.

What model is this car?

The huge problem you have is the 210 has an AWFUL reputation for rust. How hard are you looking for this corrosion? If it is only as bad as what you are saying then a quick clean and maybe that advert on Autotrader will do the trick.

The huge problem you have is the 210 has an AWFUL reputation for rust. How hard are you looking for this corrosion? If it is only as bad as what you are saying then a quick clean and maybe that advert on Autotrader will do the trick.
Yes I think your right. Not being used to selling cars I’ve been put off by a few comments.

You could try this...just give your colour code and they match. I was impressed with the end results when I did the arches on my 210.

You could try this...just give your colour code and they match. I was impressed with the end results when I did the arches on my 210.

If you are lucky enough to have a Mercedes Brilliant Silver code 744 car, which was a very common w210 colour, then touch up pens and spray cans are widely available from Hycote. Good colour match as well.

Mines registered colour is purple, like a dark blue actually
Violane.

Sad to say...your car is full of rust. A few bubbles on the wings...will be wings impossible to repair.

Look behind the rear bumpers at each side...should be big holes by now.

The sills, especially the jacking points...rust traps.

Sad to say, great cars...but with even the rust you have shown, the rust will be extensive.

The engine will be one of the least popular.

Ask £500...somebody will take it. Don't bother trying to tart it up...every tenner spent is a tenner lost.

Violane.

Sad to say...your car is full of rust. A few bubbles on the wings...will be wings impossible to repair.

Sad to say, great cars...but with even the rust you have shown, the rust will be extensive.

Ask £500...somebody will take it. Don't bother trying to tart it up...every tenner spent is a tenner lost.
Violane.

Ok I’ll take a look

Legiron can you please post a picture of the whole car ?
I honestly do not believe a photograph on here would have sufficient detail to make any sort of judgement and whilst this example might be free of that dreaded corrosion, there will be significant areas where we would have to get down and dirty to locate areas that on a generalised picture of the car, simply would not be seen.

I am NOT for one second claiming this car has issues, I am however possibly suggesting it would be unfair to make any type of educated, or qualified judgement :(

I honestly do not believe a photograph on here would have sufficient detail to make any sort of judgement and whilst this example might be free of that dreaded corrosion, there will be significant areas where we would have to get down and dirty to locate areas that on a generalised picture of the car, simply would not be seen.

I am NOT for one second claiming this car has issues, I am however possibly suggesting it would be unfair to make any type of educated, or qualified judgement :(
An objective and fair assessment.
I have 2 people coming to take a look over the weekend. I have however made an agreement with a guy looking for a car to do a charity “banger run to Gilbralter” proceeds are going to veterans and dialysis. Once there the car is auctioned off.
If I don’t get a reasonable offer over the weekend I would rather do some good with car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom