Are ECP and Halfords in partnership?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Having checked online for oil filter prices I notice that Halfords sell Crossland filters. I thought these were exclusive to ECP. So I turned up to my local Halfords as their Crossland filters were 1/2 the price of ECP. However it turned out that Halfords do not keep these in stock, but could have me a filter within the hour. So reading between the lines it seems as if Halfords are a reseller for ECP.

If ECP pricing wasn't confusing enough, now there's another source for quotation. Lower prices and more collection locations for the consumer.....why not.

Crossland filters:

ECP full price £8.16
ECP current discount £5.52
Cararts4less £5.76
Halfords £3.97

The Crosland brand name only was sold to ECP by Sogefi ( Cooper and Frams parent company ) , but they do not supply ECP with product , so its anybodys guess where the latest Crosland filters are made.

"SOGEFI DISTANCES ITSELF FROM FILTER BRAND SOLD TO ECP"

"Sogefi Group discontinued the UK-only Crosland filter range – at the time its smallest filter brand – in 2010; transferring Crosland customers to the other Sogefi brands Fram and CoopersFiaam. The ‘Crosland’ UK registered trademark was then recently sold to Euro Car Parts. Although the trademark sale allows Euro Car Parts to sell filters in Crosland boxes in the UK and Ireland, Sogefi has discontinued any product supply agreement in relation to Crosland. This means that the Crosland-boxed filters now being offered by Euro Car Parts are not manufactured or supplied by the Sogefi Group, which takes no responsibility for the range and the products."

SOGEFI DISTANCES ITSELF FROM FILTER BRAND SOLD TO ECP | CAT Magazine

Happy to sell a defunct brand though...

Genuine Mercedes filters a tenner.
Despite the fact I buy Asda fully synth and change every 5k I won't take a chance on the filter.
I buy them two at a time so I only have to go once a year.

Crossland filters - Got a Crossland air filter for my 124. Took one look at it and threw it in the bin - And you can see the quality of an air filter, gawd knows what, if anything, is in their oil filters.

Genuine Mercedes filters a tenner.
Despite the fact I buy Asda fully synth and change every 5k I won't take a chance on the filter.
I buy them two at a time so I only have to go once a year.

Personally, I'd be more bothered about the oil than the filter.

For years FIAT didn't bother with filters as they said it made no difference.

A full flow filter has to have 25micron pores, which is larger than the particles it is supposed to catch.

Halfords filters are made by Mann along with Motorcraft filters and several other brands from the same production line . They are OE spec in terms of flow rates and non return valves etc.

Yes ECP are now a supplier to halfords following the demise of unipart

Yes ECP are now a supplier to halfords following the demise of unipart

That's what I thought. How else were Halfords able to supply me any car part within the hour. I don't see a fleet of orange small vans speeding around, but plenty of ECP vans. It's amusing I can buy a ECP part for 1/2 the price, yet have it delivered to Halfords to make that happen.

ps. if you don't like Crossland they sell many of alternatives ECP offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom