Are fuel prices falling ?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkJunedd

Car
98 CLK320 Sport
For the last couple of months the price of unleaded has been around the £1:39 - £1:40 around by me however my local Morrisons today was £1:34, with ASDA the same about 1/2 mile away. Are prices of oil really coming down ? or is it to soften the 3p government hike due in the summer?

The local Shell has dropped 5p in the last week.

Yup, last fill up of Unleaded was 137.9p at my local Shell.

A recent story on the radio said that the price of fuel was heavily influenced by the wholesale costs not just by the price of crude oil.

Make sense I think there would be a lag to wholesale and again at he pump.

Still cost me 119 quid today to fill the s211. God dam

Asda fuel prices at my local have reduced twice in the last 10 days

Yup, noticed it was 10p a litre less this fill up than last time I filled.

Nice to see it go down for a change.

Yep, I seem to remember reading a couple of weeks ago that fuel prices are actually going down.

Diesel usually does go down in price at this time of year, as demand for heating oil (which is made from a similar fraction of the crude oil) falls in Europe. It usually appears as a narrowing of the gap with petrol prices, although I must admit I tend not to notice the price of unleaded these days.

For the last couple of months the price of unleaded has been around the £1:39 - £1:40 around by me however my local Morrisons today was £1:34, with ASDA the same about 1/2 mile away. Are prices of oil really coming down ? or is it to soften the 3p government hike due in the summer?

^ I think people are used to fuel prices at the pumps going up almost weekly so when they go down a few pence a ltr in a short period it makes you think they're going down when in reality they're at the same price now as they were in late march this year.

It's going down but the overall trend is that it's going up.

Ah well. The dream of a used CLS55 or C63 will remain that, a dream.

Diesel usually does go down in price at this time of year, as demand for heating oil (which is made from a similar fraction of the crude oil) falls in Europe.

Domestic heating oil is 5% less than last month. I keep watching the data trying to predict the bottom of the curve before I buy 800L, to see me through to next summer.

It's going down but the overall trend is that it's going up.

Ah well. The dream of a used CLS55 or C63 will remain that, a dream.

You say that, but as the price of fuel increases, the value of these cars used goes down.

As long as you don't do massive mileages in it, it might be within reach...

You say that, but as the price of fuel increases, the value of these cars used goes down.

Right Stevie let's start looking for one

Relative to a HGV driver *** mileage is small and they average 10mpg - he needs to man-up and get that V8. I'll leave him stale bread and water on the M40 when he's financial bankrupt.

Down 4p for unleaded in Worcs. So added a couple of miles to my Sunday run!

Right Stevie let's start looking for one

One day, one day

Relative to a HGV driver *** mileage is small and they average 10mpg - he needs to man-up and get that V8. I'll leave him stale bread and water on the M40 when he's financial bankrupt.

Mileage right now is tiny, the car is still not fixed:(

I do like them, driven two AMGs, they are marvellous fun it must be said...

Being tight, I rather enjoy having reduced motoring costs. Its ace.

Unleaded down 4p since last week at Sainsbury's in Brum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom