Are green cars more unlucky....?? mine is!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jadefox

Car
GLA AMG 220 CDI
My car is 'technically' grey on the documents - it is, in reality, more of a shade of green....more than I am comfortable with after recent events! :crazy: lol

I have been SO unlucky since owning the car;

• A day after we bought it the Turbo pipe split; black smoke pouring out the back and a nice £180 bill.
  • A week or so after buying the car my little girl turns the air freshener upside down and it leaks all over the dash - eats into the plastic and we have to recondition the glove box lid.
  • The CD interchanger seems to be effected by the cold weather and refuses to play cd's properly in the cold! (Blimmin' temperamental German)
  • A few weeks later my step dad swings the back door open and chips the paintwork down the door.
  • Then the incident in the car park where someone dents the door.
  • My little girl opened the car door and dented the next door neighbours car.
  • Some loony tried to take me out on a country lane.
  • In a car park another person scraped the bumper and wing.
  • And finally - today - someone hit me up the backside on a roundabout - well, my husband was driving actually. Luckily no damage - I am beginning to think the bumpers on my car are pretty bullet proof!
So HOW unlucky is my car??! Seriously thinking about chopping it in for another colour! lol

Anyone else had similar experiences?

we had a very bad experience with a red BMW we had... everything you could think of went wrong with it... my dad being supersticious had it repainted silver...
Never got a chance to find out if it was the colour as someone made us a good offer for it soon after!

Had a green Renault 16.... ended up naming it Reggie the Pig..... you name it ..it went wrong...

Rule no 1. No green cars

Rule no 2. No Renaults...every time we gave them a go the didnt ..lol:D

I actually forgot that I had contributed to that thread already! lol thanks for the link :)

I had a Green W202 C220 and did 120k miles in it with no problems whatsoever, thinking about it I don't think I ever had a punture either in that car.:D

I’ve owned 2 green cars so far (one of them bright green:eek: ). OK the merc is emerald green (green black) so looks blue or black until it’s in bright sunlight.

I’m very superstitious when it comes to car colours:eek: & have no problems with green but avoid red cars with a passion.

Every red car I’ve owned or driven has been a real nightmare in one way or the other.:crazy:

It depends really what you believe in.

In Fung Shui, if you are wood element then you are in harmonious with green. It good for you too if you are fire element because fire burns wood. However if you are water element, you will be weaken with a green car.

For the next 20 years starting from 2004 are fire years, so green is bad because it feeds the fire.

Is there a insurance claim statistic (vague I know) that means green cars are involved in more accidents than any other colour?

I've never had a green car, never wanted for one either, and I doubt I'll buy one if I have a choice.....

It depends really what you believe in.

In Fung Shui, if you are wood element then you are in harmonious with green. It good for you too if you are fire element because fire burns wood. However if you are water element, you will be weaken with a green car.

For the next 20 years starting from 2004 are fire years, so green is bad because it feeds the fire.

If I didn't know you any better Dragon I'd say you were talking a load of old pony again;)

About 12 years ago I needed to earn some fast cash so went to work for a major car supermarket. A chap came in one day, said he wanted a new car and his wife (who wasn't with him) had only made one stipulation: that it wasn't green.

I asked what he fancied (we had hundreds of cars) and he said his ideal car would be a 5-Series BMW. I had just one and, you guessed it, it was green. I showed him round, he sat in, he loved it. He told me that it was perfect: right price, right spec, right age etc. Just the colour. Hecouldn't go against his wife's wishes.

He made noises like a punter heading for the door. I asked him to get back in the car. I asked him where he would be spending most of his time. In the driver's seat, he replied. I asked him what colour the car was. And he couldn't actually see it from inside! So, I asked him why the colour mattered?

An hour later, I was £15k better off and he drove his smart green BMW home to his wife :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom