Are high oil prices bad for the motor industry.?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Screw a couple of handles to the boot and they would make a very nice pram.

Last edited:
Looks like Porsche have made it into the mainstream market after all...
Codenamed “silhouette”, the 2116 is a saloon developed in collaboration with Porsche.

It's all a bit Proton looking, but I'm sure Renault will make it a success.

I'm sure Renault will make it a success.

If they can prevent the bonnets from flying open on the motorway. :D

But I agree that Lada can still have value as a brand. In the 80s, Skodas were terrible. They rusted while you were watching and in fact were sold new with bits falling off. Look how they have recovered into a modern, reliable brand.

I'm not going to swap the s-class for a lada soon, but if well managed and given enough time to rebrand themselves, they could go on and become successful in the segment of Skodas, Vauxhalls, Fords etc.

lada's were ripped to shreds by us here but they were no where near as bad as skoda's of the day.

they have a strong following in russia and generally they do what they say on the tin..

Most of the mercs stolen in germany end up going eastwards. moscow is full of them. but fuel prices have increased for russians too and since there is hardly any tax inside the price, the % increase has been much much harder for the ordinary citizen to bear. plus the local cars are very inefficient in terms of fuel economy although mechanically and electrically they used to be simple and easy to maintain. finally the average wages and disposeable income are much lower too and you must not take moscow as being representative of the country cos they aren't. they are suffering too.
Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom