Are HRE wheels big in the UK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rrsupercharged

Car
CLS550 W218, RRS Supercharged
Are HRE wheels big in the UK? They are pretty sought after wheels here in the states if you can afford them. I'm curious to see how they fair on the other side of the world.

They are not cheap for wheels that are neither the lightest, nor the strongest. Not saying that they are not good wheels, but for the money there is a better choice out there.

Are HRE wheels big in the UK?

Yeah, they do up to 22". :D

In the UK there tends to be a push towards oem wheels rather than aftermarket brands.
They tend to get looked down on as if the car has been chavved up, or riced I guess you guys would call it.

There are exceptions with things like BBS CHs etc. but in general when people upgrade they tend to buy M Wheels, or BMW Performance wheels, RS Wheels or AMG wheels etc.

Some of the HRE wheels are nice though, and meant to be great performers, I like their classic range a lot.

Thanks for the insight gIzzE......always interesting to see how car enthusiasts from other parts of the world like to do up their cars. I guess it explains why I didn't see too many cars in the forum gallery rigged up with after market parts. I would agree with you Alx.....definitely can get better performing wheels for the money.

For my E class, AMG make wheels I am happy to choose from. Can't recall ever seeing any HRE wheels in the UK, but Vossen are a known brand and one of the only manufacturers outside MB I'd consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom