Are Hybrid mpg and co2 levels fantasy and misleading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Toyota cvt units are not advanced in fuel consumption , u want to go faster the engine revs away guzzling fuel ⛽️ while it gradually builds up speed, I was looking at a nx300 but was put off by the gearbox and very poor fuel consumption I test drove two models and was averaging 32 mpg driving like a granny,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whenever I've had an ultra mpg mobile, it's been capable of it, only if you really set yourself a challenge of achieving it.

I had a B180, tiny 1.5 diesel, and I got 90mpg on the motorway cruising at 60.

The problem was, it was completely gutless, and using any of the power it had meant the mpg dipping down to terrible figures.

I've learned that any super MPG engines are just gutless, and if you try to get any power out of them, they're not very efficient, but that's your doing. They're just passing the buck.

I'll stick with my petrol 3L V6, it sounds lovely, pulls like a train and in my life, doesn't get more than 21mpg, but that's inclusive of flooring it and enjoying it regulary.

I had a B180, tiny 1.5 diesel, and I got 90mpg on the motorway cruising at 60.

The problem was, it was completely gutless, and using any of the power it had meant the mpg dipping down to terrible figures.

I've probably told this story before but anyway, here goes. In the early 90's the Subaru SVX driving fleet manager made us all drive Cavaliers because Rovers were "too upmarket" or something. He was a very odd little man.

Anyway, someone told him the company would save money if we all drove diesels so a loan car duly appeared with an invitation to try it out. Nobody would touch it (it sounded awful and wouldn't pull a greased stick out of a dog's ****) but then I had an idea.

For four solid days I ragged the thing mercilessly from London to St Albans and back paying particular attention to bouncing it off the rev limiter at every single opportunity and treating the throttle like an on/off switch. Four days later job done. I'd made the heap of sh*t return something in the low 20's and we never heard mention of diesels ever again.

Hugely satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom