are mercedes buyers idiots?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition
Mercedes Citan £15525

Commercialmotor.com - Pricing and UK specs revealed for Mercedes-Benz Citan

Renault Kangoo Maxi (what the £15k Citan is) - £13250

Prices & technical data - Kangoo Maxi - Kangoo Van Range - Renault Vans - Renault UK

Mercedes A180 (why not A150??) 1.5dci £21225

Mercedes-Benz UK - Prices and brochures - New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Price

Dacia Sandero 1.5dci £8395

https://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/sa...how=1&toggles=000000000000000&add=VEC126_GRBR

So if you buy the Mercedes version of the Kangoo it will cost you £2k extra, and if you want a small Mercedes hatchback with a Renault 1.5 engine it will cost you £12k more.

Are Mercedes milking it?

Comparing the Sandero and the A class is stretching it a bit.

Eh? How can you compare an A-class to a Sandero?

That's like comparing a Bentley to that Peugeot coupe

Well, what about a Sadero and a Megane? Or a Megane and an A class?

I think the biggest problem with all of this, is the potential dilution of the brand... Front wheel drive Renault engines, may appeal and increase market share and increase profits, but I do fear in the long run it may have an impact on the upper levels, in terms of desirability.

I think the biggest problem with all of this, is the potential dilution of the brand... Front wheel drive Renault engines, may appeal and increase market share and increase profits, but I do fear in the long run it may have an impact on the upper levels, in terms of desirability.

There has been a FWD A class for 15 years.

VAG have been doing this for the past 10-15 years; why buy an Audi A6 when you can buy a Skoda Superb for thousands of pounds less?

iirc, the W203 used Mitsubishi engines, but no one compared a C class to a Charisma.

And Renault can't make a worse small diesel engine than Mercedes

There will be an oncost for better quality components etc, however, badge appeal adds thousands and people will pay it.

3 series was outselling Mondeo recently.

Mercedes Citan £15525

Commercialmotor.com - Pricing and UK specs revealed for Mercedes-Benz Citan

Renault Kangoo Maxi (what the £15k Citan is) - £13250

Prices & technical data - Kangoo Maxi - Kangoo Van Range - Renault Vans - Renault UK

Mercedes A180 (why not A150??) 1.5dci £21225

Mercedes-Benz UK - Prices and brochures - New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Price

Dacia Sandero 1.5dci £8395

https://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/sa...how=1&toggles=000000000000000&add=VEC126_GRBR

So if you buy the Mercedes version of the Kangoo it will cost you £2k extra, and if you want a small Mercedes hatchback with a Renault 1.5 engine it will cost you £12k more.

Are Mercedes milking it?

Our neighbours have a couple of vans.

One of them works for Jungheinrich and has an 09 plate Sprinter- peppered with rust!

The other is a decorator, has a '98 Kangoo, completely rust free!

At least lets hope that the Renault involvement will stop Mercs rusting

Why anything in life?

Why a night out in Newcastle......
Bild15.jpg

when Stockholm is just the same
swedish_british_nightclubs_008.jpg

There will be an oncost for better quality components etc, however, badge appeal adds thousands and people will pay it.

3 series was outselling Mondeo recently.

Could that be more due to the outstanding ownership deals offered by the premium brands?

If people had to use their own money to buy a car, would most go for the Dacia rather than the similar but far more expensive A-Class?

Are we a society of snobs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom