Are mercedes driver all -

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I often wave and shout a greeting to Audi S3 drivers as they overtake and pull in just two metres in front of me as we go round a blind bend on single lane country roads.

Does that count?

I'm not sure, it does fill the requirements, but I'm not sure if the waving and shouting from behind fits the bill! :dk:

There are 28,432 Mercedes currently for sale on Autotrader.

That's more than Peugeot (18k), Toyota (19k), Hyundai (10k), Renault (14k), Honda (11k), Fiat (9k) and Nissan (19k).

In fact, only Fords, Vauxhalls, BMWs and VWs are more numerous.

There is nothing exclusive about the Mercedes brand and hasn't been for about 20 years.

I rest my Case" :rolleyes:

The best road community by far is the fiat 500.

My mrs has a white 500 convertible and always gets waves. Also every other 500 driver parks next to you. We've come back to the car and found we're part of a row of 4 or more 500s.

If I had a top-end Merc, SL65 or whatever, I might greet a fellow owner. But I'm not really going to nod to every other boggo C-class owner out there.

John N said:
MISERABLE? When out and about I tend to notice other drivers with the same Marque, admire their P&J and either nod, wave or make some other sign of acknowledgement that I notice their presence! :thumb: Every Weekday afternoon, I pass through the area of my local MB Dealership often seeing excited Test Drivers, Drivers that have just picked up their brand spanking new MB, and again the nod or other greeting. :thumb: What do I get in return?: Blank Stares, Dirty Looks, THE LOOK, The "What are You Looking at Face", Frowns, Rude Signs or the "Don't look at him, he's obviously Deranged" attitude! :fail VERY Occasionally, I get the same acknowledgement in return :thumb::thumb: :rock::rock: Come on folks, I don't care if you Nicked it, Rent it, Borrowed it, Restored it or Bought it outright - We are driving a fantastic Marque of Car, CHEER UP FFS! :dk:
It's because your car is as common as muck.

Round my way if you wave at someone they will think that some type of cottaging is on offer!!

Seriously though, I always get a polite nod from fellow S Type drivers but Porsche drivers look down their noses at me because I've only got a 996.

If I had a top-end Merc, SL65 or whatever, I might greet a fellow owner. But I'm not really going to nod to every other boggo C-class owner out there.

What's with all the hate here for C Class owners?

There isn't. It's because they are the most popular car in the U.K and they're nothing special.

I see far more of the new A class than the new C class. But that's this generation though.

Still I think the new C class is absolutely gorgeous and I'm looking forward to picking mine up in a few weeks :)

Alexf said:
I see far more of the new A class than the new C class. But that's this generation though. Still I think the new C class is absolutely gorgeous and I'm looking forward to picking mine up in a few weeks :)
Admittedly they are nice. One of my homies has got a lovely Infinity Q50. Now, that is really nice.

I used to find other RenaultSport drivers quite friendly when I was driving my Clio 172 or Megane 225s around. Never really done the same in the Mercedes though, not entirely sure why.

That said I've been in the petrol station and spotted some nice cars. Struck up a conversation with the owner and they've seemed slightly hesitant. I'm not sure if I look a bit like a mugger though so that might be why haha.

Admittedly they are nice. One of my homies has got a lovely Infinity Q50. Now, that is really nice.

I never even gave infinity a thought. Good looking car :thumb:

I wanted something special this time around and fell inlove with the c class coupe the day I first laid eyes on it in a Mc Donalds car park.

I did like the look of the Lexus RC which looks quite similar to that infinity. Still though, I think this generation Mercedes is in a whole different league.. Exterior and interior.

Unlike a Dacia Duster, which is really special... :dk:

I'd argue that this is probably one of the nicest interiors this side of 50k...

If thats not special I dont know what is.

Attachments

• image_3eff003593e145105e7ca6642cd50c4139e5fc25.jpg
    image_3eff003593e145105e7ca6642cd50c4139e5fc25.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 36
This thread reminded me of a few months ago in supermarket car park.

I load shopping into the boot. Then as I get in my car a cheery old chap in a newish Toyota says, "Nice car, I'll swap you!"

Then I continue to the filling station. There I pull up behind a 17 plate C63 Coupe in white with the night pack. We both fill up and I comment to him on how much I love his car. We have a brief chat, pay for our fuel and I drive out of the supermarket entrance behind him.

We stop at traffic lights and facing us on the other side of the road is a bright red Ferrari. The guy in the C63, hand out of the window takes a pic of Ferarri with his phone.

So 3 guys with perfectly good cars all longing after something better. :dk:

(Thinking about it none of the above is even relivent to this thread :doh:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tiim533 said:
Unlike a Dacia Duster, which is really special... :dk:
Not fussed how special it is mate because I use it when I'm over at my villa in Skiathos. It gets me to the beach and back. The Porsche is quite special as is the Jag but you probably missed those out when you had a look at my profile.

I used to find other RenaultSport drivers quite friendly when I was driving my Clio 172 or Megane 225s around. Never really done the same in the Mercedes though, not entirely sure why.

That said I've been in the petrol station and spotted some nice cars. Struck up a conversation with the owner and they've seemed slightly hesitant. I'm not sure if I look a bit like a mugger though so that might be why haha.

I've done the conversation in a garage once. A Porsche 993 owner. Lovely car. We compared notes on 911s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom