Are mercedes driver all -

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What I was posting was suppose to be a little bit tongue in cheek but aren't C classes more common than Mondeos?

What I was posting was suppose to be a little bit tongue in cheek but aren't C classes more common than Mondeos?

C Classes and 3 series. Aspirational cars which are more common than Fords...been that way for more than 20 years.

renault12ts said:
C Classes and 3 series. Aspirational cars which are more common than Fords...been that way for more than 20 years.
And that's why drivers don't wave at each other. Because they are a commonly seen car. They are ten a penny and they are everywhere.

And that's why drivers don't wave at each other. Because they are a commonly seen car. They are ten a penny and they are everywhere.

That's questionable Darrell. We live in a less than affluent area and TBH there's no where near as many of these ten a penny cars as elsewhere.

Happytalk73 said:
That's questionable Darrell. We live in a less than affluent area and TBH there's no where near as many of these ten a penny cars as elsewhere.
Ok. I'll let you off.

What's with all the hate here for C Class owners?

Not from me, I AM a C-class owner. I love it, and it has all the kit I want but it is what it is.

I would say the same were I in a standard 3 series, or a standard A4, or a standard Focus.

If I was in a M3, RS4, RS then I might well nod to fellow drivers.

I'm not sure that some of the people driving Mercedes in West London are actually aware of the brand they are driving, let alone being able to recognise another one approaching them, so why would they wave?

When you deliberately avoid running the risk of being labelled sexist, the post seems to lose all meaning!

I'm not sure that some of the people driving Mercedes in West London are actually aware of the brand they are driving, let alone being able to recognise another one approaching them, so why would they wave?

When you deliberately avoid running the risk of being labelled sexist, the post seems to lose all meaning!

I think sexism is ok on this forum.

Don't really think this goes with Mercedes. When I had an Impreza other owners would wave or nod, but with Mercedes we're just driving overpriced Mondeo's so I think people pay no mind!

Back in the day when I had my RS Turbo and RS 500 Cosworth I would get acknowledgement. But not in my MK1 Golf GTI. I think it's the 'rare' or 'special' car that gets the nods and 90% of Mercs (or BMW's & Audi's) are either.

Last edited:
When I bought my venerable 202, people constantly complimented me on it but for sheer adulation, the starship was the dogs. I slowed down to get a look at the first Quattroporte I had seen, the guy waved me on; I never waited at junctions. There was always a car on the rear three quarter scoping out my ride and as I drove into the car park of a morning, I would drop the car into the lowest position so the roof was just above the beltline of the A3s and Scoobies of my colleagues; the tail stuck out another three feet.
My workmate, Badman, a big black guy with a diamond in a gold tooth said to me one day, "You might be a white boy but you got some style!"
It was such a privilege to have owned a CX.

I'd be very happy to give a friendly (twatty) wave to a fellow E63S Wagon owner.

Just haven't seen one yet, anywhere, ever.

Yes, yes, every opportunity to big it up, I know :doh::D

I'd be very happy to give a friendly (twatty) wave to a fellow E63S Wagon owner.

Just haven't seen one yet, anywhere, ever.

Yes, yes, every opportunity to big it up, I know :doh::D

I know how you feel.

The chauffeur of my S class is under strict instructions to give the customary salutation to other chauffeurs driving similar S class vehicles ----does that count ? ;)

The chauffeur of my S class is under strict instructions to give the customary salutation to other chauffeurs driving similar S class vehicles ----does that count ? ;)

Does an S204 count as an S Class?:confused::p

Looking at the posts i wanted to leave a like .But as i did it shoots up to the top of the page Anyone have the same ?

I get an error message. But only on this computer...my lap top doesn't have the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom