Are mercedes driver all -

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I frequently get problems getting the like link or Thanks button to work for certain posts--- seems to come and go for no apparent reason.

MISERABLE?

When out and about I tend to notice other drivers with the same Marque, admire their P&J and either nod, wave or make some other sign of acknowledgement that I notice their presence! :thumb:

Every Weekday afternoon, I pass through the area of my local MB Dealership often seeing excited Test Drivers, Drivers that have just picked up their brand spanking new MB, and again the nod or other greeting. :thumb:

What do I get in return?:

Blank Stares, Dirty Looks, THE LOOK, The "What are You Looking at Face", Frowns, Rude Signs or the "Don't look at him, he's obviously Deranged" attitude! :fail

VERY Occasionally, I get the same acknowledgement in return :thumb::thumb: :rock::rock:

Come on folks, I don't care if you Nicked it, Rent it, Borrowed it, Restored it or Bought it outright - We are driving a fantastic Marque of Car, CHEER UP FFS! :dk:

I often wave to fellow owners of Classic Mercs , and mostly get the gesture returned , although sometimes there just isn't time if you pass in opposite directions and have a fleeting glimpse of the other car .

I remember being in my W126 and another one came the other way - the gent in the other car waved , and I was so gobsmacked that he was by before I could return it :fail

I must admit, I do give Mercedes drivers preferential treatment on my daily commute to work.

There is one slip road that is a pain trying to get onto, I was already on it and saw a really nice E Class was struggling to get on, I slowed down and flashed him in, would I have done it for any other make of car ? ........would I fek !

I am on holiday in the US and rented a Ford Mustang. I was shocked but pleased when I got a wave from a chap in a mustang on the other side of the road.

When I ride my bike around where I live, I usually get a nod from other leisure riders. I dont get nods from pizza delivery people e.t.c. In London, no one nods at you cause there are so many bikes about that you'd end up a lizard if you kept nodding at everyone.

Mercedes are everywhere now so I can understand why people may look at you like a weirdo. Unless you see an exotic Merc or a new model that has only just gone on sale, you really shouldnt be acknowleding

I am on holiday in the US and rented a Ford Mustang. I was shocked but pleased when I got a wave from a chap in a mustang on the other side of the road.

When I ride my bike around where I live, I usually get a nod from other leisure riders. I dont get nods from pizza delivery people e.t.c. In London, no one nods at you cause there are so many bikes about that you'd end up a lizard if you kept nodding at everyone.

Mercedes are everywhere now so I can understand why people may look at you like a weirdo. Unless you see an exotic Merc or a new model that has only just gone on sale, you really shouldnt be acknowleding

The problem with Mustangs in the US is how very common they are. Every tourist hires them (inc. me). They are certainly no MB. Never got waved at though.

Prius drivers wave at each other, apparently it's in the handbook, don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that

" hello fellow gave up on life driver "

Sent from my iPhone 7plus, which is exactly the same as the iPhone 3/4/5/6. Using Crapatalk

I wave like a loon at any other W126 I see. Hardly ever see one though.
Had waves back, apart from the first time when I got a slightly confused look and then nose in the air.

Will happily wave at any old Merc.

I'm used to the waving, I have a 2cv too...

Had some nice interaction with a Lambo driver yesterday, thumbs up to each other and then he flashed his hazards before whizzing off. Friendliness is not dead after all

I wave like a loon at any other W126 I see. Hardly ever see one though.
Had waves back, apart from the first time when I got a slightly confused look and then nose in the air.

Will happily wave at any old Merc.

I'm used to the waving, I have a 2cv too...

Had some nice interaction with a Lambo driver yesterday, thumbs up to each other and then he flashed his hazards before whizzing off. Friendliness is not dead after all [emoji4]

Re: Lambo
A middle finger isn't a wave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I must admit, I do give Mercedes drivers preferential treatment on my daily commute to work.

There is one slip road that is a pain trying to get onto, I was already on it and saw a really nice E Class was struggling to get on, I slowed down and flashed him in, would I have done it for any other make of car ? ........would I fek !

I must admit i have been doing this too but i don't seem to be getting the same treatment in return making me wonder why the hell do i bother lol.

A while back now I used to drive one of the earlier Mini Coopers (before they became BMW) and fellow owners always waved, flashed their headlights and more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I live in London so far too many Mercs to be waving at, but will happily say "nice car" to anybody in an AMG or something old or exotic regardless of manufacturer!

My old 964 was the best for compliments with random people wanting to chat, but on the flip side always had the usual Audi and Golf drivers trying to make a point!

I had a Ford Focus when they first came out as a company car.

Had a few waves and flashes.

Not sure that happens anymore.

I can never remember being waved at in any of many Mercedes.
Certainly been chased and photographed in some of the 'development' cars I have driven, but it was not until my wife persuaded me to get a Defender (to take the dogs into the hills!) that I was really aware of this phenomena:eek:
When driving 'Vera' virtually all other 'Landy' drivers tend to wave, in the same way as other motorcyclists give you a nod when you're on the bike.:cool:

I've absolutely no idea why this happens:confused:

I wonder if the visibility of the diver plays a role? Anything to do with the rake and reflections in windscreens?
...or am I being far too practical and analytical:eek:

Well I have a C class and would be very happy to wave at someone driving the same car as me, in fact I might get out and give them a hug/handshake.

In the six months I have owned my W203 C55 AMG Wagen (in silver..natch) I have yet to see a single one despite driving 70 mile a day to work (M4 and A/B roads) and back in it every day and a couple of long (ish) runs from the west country up to the Midlands.

I have not even seen a saloon version.

Where the bloody hell are they ? they can not all of rusted away or been put backwards through a dry stone wall surely.

I've only owned my CLK500 for a couple of weeks and I've already had some waves!

Especially if the windows are down on a sunny evening, but I put that down to people still not being quite used to cars without B pillars and trying to work out what the car is, rather than it being anything special...

Are mercedes driver all - MISERABLE

The bigger question is whether or not we're mustache all. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom