Are mercedes driver all -

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Back in the 90's and 00's a had a Ford Consul Capri GT for 15 years.
I was always driving along in anticipation of another coming my way, but guess what, in all those years it never happened!!

I don`t bother waving or whatever, as Mercs are 2 a penny...not the same as other cars I`ve had.

I always notice other SL's and, if they're ahead of me, like to try to catch up to see what model it is. There have been a few acknowledgements from other SL drivers but mostly just stony faces.
What's more likely is, with the roof down and importantly the window open, people next me at lights, or even pedestrians, see the V12 badge and say, "oh give us a listen mate?"

Best car for people giving you the nod of approval and acknowledging your 'fine taste' has got to be an Aston: everybody, it seems, wants to affirm to U, "nice car mate!"
It seems to rub off on Aston drivers too - I had a guy cross my path on a forecourt and say, "That's the best sounding engine in the world" about my SL65 - not bad coming from a guy in a DB9!

Last edited:
Good manners cost nothing. There are still a few good courteous people on the roads but the highway code has pretty much been forgotten.
How some people manage to drive their car with their heads that far up their a@#e is beyond me. [rant over]
Real car and bike enthusiasts will normally nod or wave. A to B drivers just don`t understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom