Are my Mercedes Wheel trims the only ones that keep getting stolen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sick of it

Car
a class
So my A class is know on its 3 set of wheel trims in 2 years , 2 sets stolen .

cost me £20 plus a trim to replace off ebay.
anyone have same problem.

Cable tie them on with the silver cable ties that have metal security embedded in the plastic so they are harder to cut and cannot be cut with scissors or a knife.

as above, cable tie them on. had it on my first car (a fiesta) all the time ended up buying alloys after driving round with no hubcaps for about 4 months, also my valve caps used to always get stolen too

Hi and welcome to the forum,I see you`re having problems hence why the user name LOL

Buy some alloys?

(and don't forget locking wheel bolts)

Steel cable ties or alloys with locking nuts... I had a set of alloys stolen from my house while I was working on the car!

Are those the ones that were stacked up on the driveway ready for the pikeys to weigh in ? ;)

Hello and welcome to the forum, do you think they are nicking yours cos they look 'wheely' good??

Thought a little humour might help.......oh ok........I'll get me coat;)

Hi and welcome.

My cable cutters will go through those steel ties as quick as the nylon ones, so will a decent pocket knife. Besides, they look crepe on the car. If you are loosing entire sets then you're getting targeted rather than opportunistic oiks, so cable ties won't even slow them down. Imo alloys and locking bolts are the way to go.

Where are you based ?

I might have a set of 16 inch Avantgarde w168 alloys and tyres for sale in the not too distant future ....

Seriously though Hub caps on a Mercedes that's pretty poor of them isn't it. Not so bad on the w124 type which were metal but a newish mercy being sold for xx thousand £ and providing hub caps is pretty poor show.

I would be on eBay for some alloys stick to same size and swap tyres over with locking. Nuts = job done

Hi and welcome.

My cable cutters will go through those steel ties as quick as the nylon ones, so will a decent pocket knife. Besides, they look crepe on the car. If you are loosing entire sets then you're getting targeted rather than opportunistic oiks, so cable ties won't even slow them down. Imo alloys and locking bolts are the way to go.

Cable cutters or a pocket knife will not gothrough the ones we use, have to take them off with bolt cutters, as for locking wheel bolts or nuts I can get all 4 off a car in less than a minute, and be away with the wheel in less than 90 secs :D So at the end of the day nothing is secure you just have to make it as difficult as possible :)

Cable cutters or a pocket knife will not gothrough the ones we use, have to take them off with bolt cutters, as for locking wheel bolts or nuts I can get all 4 off a car in less than a minute, and be away with the wheel in less than 90 secs :D So at the end of the day nothing is secure you just have to make it as difficult as possible :)

You have not seen my cable cutters! They are for slicing through Bowden cables, and will happily go through 1/8-in stainless steel bicycle spokes.

Nor what a heavy bladed Breizch Sabot (which is for carving clogs) can go through, it can easily slice 50A heavy mains cable.

The bicycle thief carries bolt cutters, and locking wheel nuts are not particularly sophisticated but do require the car to be lifted. Most thives are not as well as fast as your F1 pit crew.

Slow down guys. The OP is yet another in a long line recently of people who post then disappear without waiting for an answer.

Slow down guys. The OP is yet another in a long line recently of people who post then disappear without waiting for an answer.

yes

happening a lot lately

Doesn't seem to be the case now in this thread by why on Earth would anyone bother doing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom