Are service plans good value?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLA220

Car
CLA 220
Hi all

I'm new here and to Mercedes in general. I'm one of those strange people who like the CLA so bought a 220 AMG sport (ex demo model!). The Merc dealership have offered me a service plan but am wondering if this is good value or better to take it along to a local garage. Problem is I'm new to the area I currently live so have no idea which are the good garages. I'm tempted to go for the plan as its easier...thoughts anyone?

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask!

TIA
A.

Personally I think its good value if you pay the prices based on a new car, which are less than on used cars. I think the rates are lower for new cars up to 1 year old. Only you can decide taking into account your mileage, how long you propose to keep the car and aversion to unknown costs.

Thanks for replying Gerald...to be fair I've no idea how long I'll keep this car, I normally don't go for premium cars, my last one was a Ford Focus which I kept for over 10 years and had covered 150,000 miles by the time I scrapped it. It was a work horse though.....this time I use the train but drive to the station which is 15mins drive away so its not really used too much, I'm trying to keep it low mileage as well, just in case I need to sell it on...am a bit fearful of MB's prices though, am guessing they're a little more than my last car... :D

Get a quote for the service plan and then phone up a service dept and they can quote you for your next service (depends on mileage age of car etc ), and then you can see if its worth while. Mine was £36 per month and my next service the price of fuel filters plus auto oil changed was £650 so £36 x 12months =£432 was a no brainer

Get a quote for the service plan and then phone up a service dept and they can quote you for your next service (depends on mileage age of car etc ), and then you can see if its worth while. Mine was £36 per month and my next service the price of fuel filters plus auto oil changed was £650 so £36 x 12months =£432 was a no brainer

Thanks Nigel, they're quoting £24.50/month which seems decent value to me...I wouldn't be so apprehensive if it wasn't for several bad experiences with indi garages, the last one past my Focus through the MOT despite the brakepads having been worn to the point they failed in central London two weeks after...luckily I wasn't going very fast at the time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom