Are SMEG washing machines any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
I would be interested to know.

Well, the fridges are carp...don't know about the washing machines.

I can speak only about their dishwashers- total, and utter garbage....Sorry total, and utter EXPENSIVE garbage. AVOID....

Italian - say no more - probably looks slick though.

developer215 said:
Italian - say no more - probably looks slick though.

Buy a Meile, Bosch or AEG. Best to take an extended 5 year warranty as well.

Meile, without doubt, 100% recommend them. We have 4 machines all built like tanks! Fridge, washer, dryer and dishwasher. Never a hiccup. Came with no cost (special promo) 10yr warranty on the washer and dryer, 5yr on the fridge and dishwasher. Parts available for 20yrs

Your paying for the name alone. "oooh I have a fancy kitchen full of Smeg items"

Stick to the main brands.

That'll be a no then. Came across a stinking buy, but I don't know anyone with a Smeg appliance

Smeg -- the Alfa Romeo of washing machines.:p

:D

So what's the collective view of washer dryers versus washer and a separate drier?

Meile, without doubt, 100% recommend them. We have 4 machines all built like tanks! Fridge, washer, dryer and dishwasher. Never a hiccup. Came with no cost (special promo) 10yr warranty on the washer and dryer, 5yr on the fridge and dishwasher. Parts available for 20yrs

+1 Miele
We have Washing Machine and Tumble Drier as well as Hoovers and Dishwasher, understated and well built hmmm sounds familiar.

Agreed, provided space isn't a problem.

Separates will always be better. Space (or lack of) simply drives the acceptability of the compromise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom