Are squeaks & rattles covered under warranty?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr4z

Car
C350 CDI Sport Saloon 2011
Hi

I have had my new C350 for a month now and it still brings a smile to my face.

However, I have one really minor niggle that is driving me mad. My drivers side seatbelt rattles & squeaks when I have it on. Constantly. It seems its the belt tensioner within the door pillar. I can't get to it without taking this to pieces but its right next to my ear and is quite loud.

Can I get this sorted via my $tealer under warranty?

Thanks

Hi

I have had my new C350 for a month now and it still brings a smile to my face.

However, I have one really minor niggle that is driving me mad. My drivers side seatbelt rattles & squeaks when I have it on. Constantly. It seems its the belt tensioner within the door pillar. I can't get to it without taking this to pieces but its right next to my ear and is quite loud.

Can I get this sorted via my $tealer under warranty?

Thanks[/QUOTE

Not sure why you think they would not. It is a month old car with an unacceptable fault. Do not under any circumstances try to fix it otherwise they will certainly refuse to look at it.

Make an appointment for them to inspect the fault and then get them to fix it.
]

My 57 Plate B class has just had the drivers seat belt replaced under warranty. The belt would not retract quickly when taking it off. I purchased the car in May so would think yours would be covered.

Sqeeks and rattles are covered. I had the dash on my ML looked at twice before it was acceptable, asking was the hardest part tbh!!

Edd

Damn right - the technicians hate doing it. I sent an Audi TT back times for it, technician finally admitted he put a great big self tapping screw through the transmission tunnel to stop it.

They drive me nuts....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom