Are there any decent Merc dealers out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Watchcame430

MB Enthusiast
Car
Previous 1994 SL500, 2001 W210 E430 and 2003 Designo S500 Current 2005 S211 E270
I know this is asking a lot but although I have a superb service history with my S Class I would like more detail on the other work carried out by Mercedes that I can see has been done from a summary print out I have.

No expense has been spared by the one lady owner from new it would seem and it has visited Mercedes 12 times for work outside of the service schedule.

A simple task you would have thought to have asked my friendly Merc dealer?

I have now spoken to 5 dealers, 2 refused to give the info as they are "not allowed" and 3 have promised to send it to me but several chases later I have still not seen it.
Calls promised have not been made and emails not arrived several times over. I wouldnt expect this level of service from any service/retailer let alone Mercedes.

From the list I would like to see what has not been done and give them some business so I dont think I am asking a lot.

I am coming to the conclusion since Mercedes have gone mass market they just dont care - the customer is a hassle and the way they treat customers sometimes is quite surprising.

It always opens my eyes sat waiting in a Merc dealer.
Its simple stuff they slip up on too ... not just that they push back liability on things they break while working on cars its keeping to time with peoples slots. Having the parts there when they say they will etc etc I could go on.

If anyone knows a genuinely decent Merc dealer please share below ... if they are within a couple of hours from me I might try them..

Good luck with your search, but, remember Mercedes-Benz lie and cheat.

Explains Nico Rosbergs recent antics - must be in the company culture! :)

I think you are going to really struggle with the 'stealers' on this topic...I imagine it would be very low on there priority list, not saying that is right by the way...

MB Swindon seem to get good reviews...might be worth speaking to their service dept...they might tell you if it is possible.

Not good with dealers but they do train good people ( some are better than others) ... How many of our preferred Indies started life with MB??

Valid points Gents, thank you ... thanks also for the tip on Swindon ... will give them a call. Need to build the strength first though ....

Explains Nico Rosbergs recent antics - must be in the company culture! :)

Yes, I would agree with that statement. As the saying goes; a fish first rots from the head.

An employee of Mercedes-Benz Chelsea lied under Oath while giving evidence to the Court, therefore, if he would lie to the Court, under Oath, why not lie all the time?

Given that MB promoted the Perjurer, one can only surmise that he was following company instructions.

I will be amazed it anyone on here recommends a Merc dealership!!!

Get it to a good Indy for a complete check over. Then you find out what Merc have and have not done in the many visits to their workshop!!!

An eye opening experience I suspect. Sadly!

I use MB of Cheltenham and Gloucester (Sytner I think) and have no complaints.

A pal of mine wanted some history on his approved used purchase. Even though he owned it, they wouldn't reveal anything from the period before he bought it. They did respond, however, to an email from the previous owner, giving them permission to release it. Are you/could you be in contact with her?

My local dealers, Hughes of Beaconsfield, were happy to provide a very basic print-out of work done on my car; routine servicing is clear from it, but other than stating 'non-service' there's no indication of what was done on the non-routine service visits. I was told that that information is not kept on the central computer, and I would have to contact the dealership(s) concerned to obtain further information. Is that correct, or was I being fobbed off?

Keep in mind that if the dealer you go into ask for service history is of a different franchise to the one where the car was actually worked on, you're very likely to hit a brick wall.

Not good with dealers but they do train good people ( some are better than others) ... How many of our preferred Indies started life with MB??

Most of the indies I know couldn't wait to leave the dealerships. As for training main dealers just about keep their tech's up to speed if they're lucky with on going training. Usually, it's the distributors that push the training of dealership staff.

Jeff666 said:

As I see it it is not just about doing x, y, z. It is about whilst doing x, y, z you look at the car overall for any up coming issues. This never seems to get done.

As an example how many brake issues have been flagged up yet the dealership have not even removed a wheel to properly inspect.

Yes there are some very good people working at dealerships. Are they given the time and encouragement to really look after a car?

The problem us your average punter doesn't question MB but takes it as gospel.

They did respond, however, to an email from the previous owner, giving them permission to release it. Are you/could you be in contact with her?

yes John, I think thats Key here, the DPA may well restrict the information as the work carried out was on behalf of another customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom