Are there any free services with Mercedes Me ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harrythedog

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GLC 250 Sport Premium+
My subscriptions to Mercedes Me expired yesterday after the initial 3 years. So now my dashboard has no information on at all. No trip data, door status etc etc.
So basically once you stop subscribing you have nothing except a Mercedes logo sitting on your phone screen, is this correct ?

Unless you pay to extend the services the everyday vehicle stuff stops working. Mercedes Me continues to connect to your vehicle for accident monitoring and diagnostics. To see which services are still active click on the three bars at the top left of the screen then click on the second section that appears showing your car. Select Manage Services and the screen will show what’s still active and for those no longer active it will say purchase now. Services are grouped into packages with charges at £29 per year with a very small reduction if you take a 2 or 3 year package. The Traffic Information option is £49 per year. Once paid for the services reactivate reasonably quickly. If a service does not reactivate sit in the car with ignition on and then go back into the services screen toggle it off then when it shows off turn it back on.
farmerboy

On the services issue, what are other people’s thoughts on it, are they worthwhile. I do like the tyre pressure monitor, also the unlock/lock feature has been useful at times, live traffic also useful, as is updating sat nav on to sd card.

It would all depend on the cost?

I think that the people at Mercedes thought,
"OK we've invented a brilliant car which we can charge lots of money for. Now lets go the the pub, and after a few beers, see if we can come up with a way to screw a bit more from the punters"
IMO my E class and my wife's GLA are great, but Mercedes ME? Really? It wouldn't be so bad if they made it user friendly. My view is that it's about as good as the service you get from Mercedes Benz which does not do justice to the cars they produce

When my free services run out won’t be renewing any of it. Waste of time and money in my view, the one possibly would be the geofencing often it tells me my car is unlocked when it’s not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom