Are there really no new CLS's on the forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder how the new V8 bi turbo CLS compares to an 'old school' V8 Kompressor ...

I've driven a 55 AMG CLS 219 series - many years ago. I prefer the old engine to the new one to be candid. It feels like it's more of a brute - much more low down torque.

That said, the handling of the new one is off the hook - it's just sublime. Try one. You'd know more than me !

A little while ago, MrsP and I borrowed a new CLS 350CDI Sport for a day, for an extended test drive. I really think it's a good looking car, and I was very impressed with the performance of the engine.

However, we found the seat backs really uncomfortable, to the extent that by the time we dropped it back off at the dealer we had both developed bach ache. Maybe we're both an odd shape, but for us the side bolsters were too prominent, and meant that our shoulders ended up hunched forward, and it really spoilt the car for us.

It was a shame, as I really thought it was going to impress us. Maybe we should have tried a car with the standard seats (I wasn't interested in the Sport in any case), but there wasn't one available.

Cheers,
MarkP

That said, the handling of the new one is off the hook - it's just sublime. Try one. You'd know more than me !

I don't dare try one.

Why don't you buy the 217 CLS AMG, and we'll swap :)

try the standard seats with multi contour adjustment .. they should be very comfortable
- maybe we should have done, but MrsP decided in the end that she wanted the ML, so that was that. She reckoned that the CLS would look as if she was borrowing her husband's car :rolleyes:

- maybe we should have done, but MrsP decided in the end that she wanted the ML, so that was that. She reckoned that the CLS would look as if she was borrowing her husband's car :rolleyes:

How can you say such a thing!:eek:
My wife was offered my new CLS when it arrived 18 months ago, but I couldn't get her out of her ML:eek:
I tried the new CLS a little while ago:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/105713-all-new-cls.html

I'm still debating what will replace the CLS in a few months time, but my wife will still not give up her ML.
My short list ranges from a sensible Golf through to a not so sensible Jaguar XJ, but the new CLS would have to be priced at least £15k under current list to entice me into one. Let's see how keen dealers are to get rid of ex-demos as winter creeps in. There are already some around at about £43k which is moving in the right direction:D

I love the new CLS... If i was buying a new car today it would be a S63 or a CLS63.

Awesome cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom