Are there really no new CLS's on the forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Well, a previous post proved fruitless. Thanks to the feedback of 2 gents who, like me are long standing forum members - alas no feedback from an owner.

Tomorrow I venture to the dealer where, in all liklihood I sign on the dotted line. I had hoped to get some real feedback but it looks like theres none to be had.

I am concious that there will be a school of thought that the old CLS, and of course the impact and value it bought to the brand, can never be replaced. I felt that with the current new E class, having been a very early adopter of the W211 when it was first introduced in 2002 - andin fact still feel that it looks better. Contentious I am sure.

I will let you know how I get on. It certainly seems that the CLS is rare - having just driven 650 miles (and filled up three times in the Range Rover at £100 a go) to Paris and back and spent three days there we did not see one, despite looking. I hope that rarity bodes well and its not because the car is hopeless ;)

Marc

I have seen 3 new CLSs on the road since it was launched.

the shape is growing on me

One of my clients has one and I rode in it shortly before leaving for Russia. Personally, I prefer the original, but I have to say, the interior of the new one is very nice indeed, albeit losing some of the originals "Jaguar-esque" style.

More road presence than the original in much the same way the 212 has more than the 211. But still, the first CLS looks more svelte and iconic... :)

the new CLS with the all leather interior (dash, all door panels, front and rear consoles etc) with the alcantara headlining is completely lush and wonderful.

"cheap" option at about £3k

What normally happens with all new MBs on this forum.

Everyone hates them until they see them in the flesh

I have seen this over the years on this forum but then of course when it concerns something you want to buy it hits home lol

Strangely enough, I saw a new (White) CLS on the road for the first time today.

It looked absolutely stunning, I've liked them from the first day that I saw one on a vehicle transporter.

Been tempted to swap my Cabrio for one on a couple of occasions but don't think I could live with not being able to drop the roof when the sun comes out to play, the 350CDI I drove was very nice though.

Test drove a 350 CDI and an AMG back to back about 2 weeks ago. I'm awaiting a 500 to appear as a used demo, with a good spec, and then I'm buying. I may take the plunge before hand as I've seen an AMG I particularly like - but I'd have to persuade the significant other.....

It's a lovely lovely machine. The AMG is just mind blowing - never ending surge of power. The CDI is silky smooth.

I think its a stunning car, looks well balanced and very imposing.... theres a few where I live and they do look great on the road.

I like the new CLS, not at first, but on seeing them on the road.
I still think the 211 is better looking than the 212, can't get used to their ho hum style.

tell us more please

Very nice one at MB Harrowgate (In Black with Black Leather - but a gorgeous spec...), but I'm waiting for the new registration, because it's hard to gauge the second hand values. I've noticed dealers are lowering prices on their demonstrators, so I think a way to go yet....I will keep you posted.... but I think it's going to be December before I take the plunge.....

I'm debating if it's worth holding out for one with the Performance Pack...

Well I bought a June registered demonstrator - get it at the end of August - very excited :)

Diamond White 350cdi Sport
19" AMG alloys and bodykit
Aubergine & Black leather
Harmon Kardon
Comand
Phone prep
Heated seats
Glass roof
Alloy pedals ;)

An awesome drive and certainly makes a statement, if not to everyone's taste.

When I get it I'll post a report and pics.... may post the dealer picture up later.

Marc

I tried to sit in the back of one at the Cheshire show, a 6.3AMG one not that that makes a difference.

I could not sit in the back without by hed to the side.

OK you may never have to sit in the back and to get the 'style' thats wht the roof is the way it is.

Lovely inside though.

Normal 'one' being delivered at our local MB
cls1.jpg

Inside the CLS63 and engine..

cls2.jpg

cls3.jpg

As for "having just driven 650 miles and filled up 3 times" hopefully in the above (cdi) that will be one fill up and more miles !!!

Here are three pics from the dealer:

Attachments

• cls2.jpg
    cls2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 74
  • cls1.jpg
    cls1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 73
  • cls3.jpg
    cls3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 74
Very nice one at MB Harrowgate (In Black with Black Leather - but a gorgeous spec...), but I'm waiting for the new registration, because it's hard to gauge the second hand values. I've noticed dealers are lowering prices on their demonstrators, so I think a way to go yet....I will keep you posted.... but I think it's going to be December before I take the plunge.....

I'm debating if it's worth holding out for one with the Performance Pack...

Performance Pack is for boasting only :)

how far did you drive the 63?

Performance Pack is for boasting only :)

how far did you drive the 63?

I had an hour it in. Was just dreamy....

I think you are right re the PP though, not really worth it. Adds no value apart from ego...

I had an hour it in. Was just dreamy....

I think you are right re the PP though, not really worth it. Adds no value apart from ego...

I wonder how the new V8 bi turbo CLS compares to an 'old school' V8 Kompressor ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom