Are these illegal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure,but I think they can be classed as a weapon as they are dangerous in the wrong hands.

Not illegal to use, but don't point at anyones eyes or passing aircraft.

Not sure,but I think they can be classed as a weapon as they are dangerous in the wrong hands.

They shouldn't be allowed in the wrong hands. I had some cocky little scumbags (no need to describe how they were dressed or how much litter they dropped on the way to their car) target me through the rear screen of my 210. They knew if they could get the beam to my rear view mirror I'd be in trouble. I rumbled the plot and covered my eyes but could see the beam dancing around the inside of my car. I was parked and heard them say "Let's get the f***er in the Merc". Nice. :rolleyes:

I heard a few years ago of these lasers being aimed at pilots of aircraft at Manchester Airport approach. :crazy:

Ambulance in my case :mad:

You should've rung the Police.

A couple of years ago I would have rung their necks, all five of 'em. :mad:

It was outside Halfords in Southport and I was parked in one of the disabled spaces at the entrance. I knew they were trouble, so thought I'd wait until they went. A murky coloured beat up Vectra with a front wheel trim missing. The only saving grace is that I know they'll cop it off someone. :devil:

Class 2

"A Class 2 laser is safe because the blink reflex will limit the exposure to no more than 0.25 seconds. It only applies to visible-light lasers (400–700 nm). Class-2 lasers are limited to 1 mW continuous wave, or more if the emission time is less than 0.25 seconds or if the light is not spatially coherent. Intentional suppression of the blink reflex could lead to eye injury. Many laser pointers and measuring instruments are class 2."

Source Wikipedia.

Sorry, it won't cut through sheet metal!

I've got one, the length of the beam is amazing!

I've got one too , I use it at night to indicate what bollard I want people on boats to put their ropes on ..... Saves all that tiresome walking.

Basically they are not illegal but if used wrongly you will pay severely, which i fully support.

I've got one of the green ones, which I use when rock climbing... great for pointing at holds from the ground when you are climbing in a group.

Saves a lot of "left a bit, higher, higher, lower, there the jug" type things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom