Are these the coorect period AMG's...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
For my '94 coupe?

Link

If so what should I be paying for them (getting them from Germany is no problem) and can I get a set from someone in the UK?

cheers

I'd have thought that being a facelift , it probably would be on AMG Styling II's , those are Aero I's ( i think )

They are early Aero I's from before the Mercedes AMG takeover.

Technically they are the correct period wheel for the W124 coupe, however later wheels were also often used on the W124 as Howard suggests.

Your 1994 would more likely have had ///AMG rims rather than the AMG rims in your link, which are a little more sought after and have small (non mercedes size) blank centre caps.

The later Aero I's fit standard Mercedes Centre caps.

Styling II's also suit the car.

But I think the best wheel for the W124 were the OZ split rims as Aka$h has or had fitted to his coupe. This type....

PICT1704.jpg

All personal taste of course.

Howard, Mud, thanks. I think I prefer those flat-faced Aero 1's (or at lest I think thye look flat faced-could be wrong) to Styling II's. Not a fan of those split rims (think they look best on SL's) as I would be permanently cleaning the buggers!

ET of 28 on those Aeros is fine for a coupe isn't it?

also what price would you expect them to go for and was that red colour in the AMG bit of the wheels normal?

ET28 is correct

The AMG bits have been coloured and that's not normal.

These wheels are prone to splitting (often on the back rim, so I wouldn't be buying a set without the ability to view them first unless cheap enough.

Price to pay, £600 - £700 is top money for spot on fully refurbed.

£200 upwards (realistically £300 - £400) for a set of four in original condition that need a little cosmetic work with no obvious damaged.

This is a Styling II ..... personally i prefer the softer edges of the S II

Wheels%20-%20AMG%20W210-202%20Style2%2017-18in.jpg

split rims look the nuts but are a real PAIN to keep gleaming... I havent really used my SEC for a while just because id have to wash and wax the wheels straight after in this weather.

I was considering them for the 500E and the widebody but no..

The Aero I's for the w124 are 8J x 17, offset 28mm.

The stock w124 wheels are narrower and higher offset, so generally, the arches ought to be rolled to avoid any rubbing issues. AMG always did this on the w124 cars they equipped with these wheels. If the car isn't lowered at all, you won't need to do this minor tweak, but without lowering, the wheels might not look that great.

Aero Is are super wheels, my all time favourites.

cheers
talbir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom