Are these Vredestein tyres any good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL300-24

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1984 500SL, 2007 E320 CDI Sport Estate, 1995 SL320 R129
My new E320 CDI Sport needs new tyres.

After speaking to the guy at Camskills, he highly recommended the Vredestein ultrac sessanta for the car. He said everyone is raving about these tyres.
They come in at about 2/3rds of the price of Michelins/continentals etc.
Just wondering if anyone has experience of them at all?

VREDESTEIN TYRES / CAR / VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA - 265/35R18 97Y XL TL :: £118.50 :: Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 18" :: R18" - 265/35/18, 265/35 R 18 ::

Yes. I have them on my CLK 500 convertible

Vredestein Quatrac 3 are also good and are an all season tyre.

Vredestein Quatrac 3 are also good and are an all season tyre.

They are good as an all season tyre (I have them on my C270 estate) but Sessantas will be better as a "normal" tyre.
Also Quatracs not available in that size..

Vredestein was bought in april 2005 by Russian company Amtel to become Amtel-Vredestein. The Russian-Dutch tyre manufacturer Amtel-Vredestein (AMVq.L) was declared bankrupt on Wednesday April 2009 by a court in the Netherlands. One part of the company Vredenstein Banden BV was acquired in May by the Indian manufacturer Apollo Tyres Ltd. The primary factory is at Enschede, The Netherlands, while other products like agricultural tyres and bicycle tires are manufactured overseas (e.g. India, Thailand, Indonesia). This tells you nothing about the tyres in question unfortunately but may mean that their "European credentials "may be changing in the future?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom