are those more then 2 size difference?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
Hello,
its about insurance question. I am not insured if I got 2 size difference between my "normal" tyres and the one I was going to put in as winter tyre...
the one now are:
I am on 225/ 40/ 18

the one I was going to put in are:
195/ 65r/ 15

Thank you.
Olivier

Bump...
Sorry its important... Renault 12TS, where are you...
Olivier

I think you will find that the "normal" tyre is 215/55-16, so a 195 tyre is 2 steps away.

Ring your insurance company and ask them, only they can answer this question.

In my opinion, any insurance company that would penalise you for putting winter tyres on the car, as long as it is operated within the load and speed ratings, is an ass, because you're far less likely to hit something driving on winter tyres in winter than on summer ones.

Ring your insurance company and ask them, only they can answer this question.

In my opinion, any insurance company that would penalise you for putting winter tyres on the car, as long as it is operated within the load and speed ratings, is an ass, because you're far less likely to hit something driving on winter tyres in winter than on summer ones.

They are not disputing the winter tyres, just the size used.

I think you will find that the "normal" tyre is 215/55-16, so a 195 tyre is 2 steps away.

I call them again, but the bother is that they say 2 sizes from what I have on the car now, 225/ 40/ 18 as its insured with those. This can be tricky then... I might be wrong?
Don't want to hit something and been told : by the way, your insurance policy is now void... :crazy:

Thank you both :)
Olivier

The handbook should show what sizes are approved fitment for the vehicle, I think it may also show permissible differences for summer/winter fitment including speed rating.

Cheers, but its not about the hanbook, its about the insurer and what ever they think is OK...
Olivier

If they are an approved fitment then the insurer will not be able to complain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom