Are W210's still in any demand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NW_Merc

Banned
Car
1994 Mercedes C180 classic
Ok, after a discussion with my dad, we decided to get rid of his W210 E230 Avantgarde.

My question before I put it on sale is, what is the demand for W210 E classes these days? (I know the AMG variants are still desirable)

I think there is a market for them, just at a much reduced price, everyone wants to own a merc....dont they?

It's a low mileage car, but the bodywork is typical W210, with rusty wings and bonnet.

Should I bother giving it a temporary repair before selling?

It's a low mileage car, but the bodywork is typical W210, with rusty wings and bonnet.

Should I bother giving it a temporary repair before selling?
'Temporary repair' sounds a bit like bodge it to me...;)

For what it would cost to get to a condition that befits a low mileage car, I wouldn't bother and I'd just sell it as it is.

A 230 won't be in particularly great demand, but is s good bus irrespective.

I'm not expecting to make a load selling it, in fact I was thinking of doing it up, but then, thinking about the overall problems with W210's we've decided against it. Will be sad to see it go, but then again, there are too many cars and not enough space or people to drive them.

For me the most important thing when selling a car of this type and age is firstly MOT and Tax length remaining and condition of tyres etc everything that goes to keeping the car legal. Once you get past that the condition mechanically, bodywork and interior all add up to the value. If it all works inside and is likely to be road legal for a year you will always get a seller.
I sold one in October last year 2000 E280 Estate and just put an honest add on ebay with no reserve and it was sold for a cash buyer within 3 days.

I always found that a nicely spec'd facelift W210 was very easily to sell. The pre-facelifts a little trickier though.

This will be pre-facelift being a 230.

I'm not expecting to make a load selling it, in fact I was thinking of doing it up, but then, thinking about the overall problems with W210's we've decided against it.

What problems with W210, they are one of the most reliable Mercedes ranges ever built and the 300TD is possibly the most reliable model Mercedes ever made.

Well it does have aircon, but no leather seats, leather steering wheel. Does have an MOT and currently taxed but I dont know what would be a proper specced up version.....

Would £1500 be too high to start? Or maybe a little low? :dk:

Well it does have aircon, but no leather seats, leather steering wheel. Does have an MOT and currently taxed but I dont know what would be a proper specced up version.....

Would £1500 be too high to start? Or maybe a little low? :dk:

Knock a £1k off that if it has major rust

Knock a £1k off that if it has major rust

The only rust it has are the driver's side wing and bonnet. Overall it's pretty tidy except this and if I had the money and space I'd spend it and fix her up again. But my dad just thinks its better getting rid for now.

Your dad's right.

Tidying bodywork up can end up needing a bottomless pit of money.

What's the low mileage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom