Are we an angry mob?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodle-Pulp

Car
C250CGI, previous C230 Coupe, SLK200, C200 Coupe
I read this first in the news .. next I get it in an email.. are they trying to tell me something?

It's good news for the persecuted white van man as a recent poll by insurance website Gocompare.com has revealed BMW drivers to be the UK's angriest. Although the white van man still features highly on the list, he has been overtaken at some speed by BMW drivers. Over half of the 3000 drivers who took part in the poll said that they had suffered at the hands of a BMW driver with the most frightening of behaviour being tailgating (58%), drivers pulling out in front of people (40%) and speeding (39%). And BMW drivers find that they are not the sole German manufacturer in the top 10, Audi, Volkswagen and Mercedes-Benz drivers are considered to be fiery tempered when they get behind the wheel.

See where you fall among the top 10 angriest drivers -

BMW
White van
Audi
Ford
Land Rover
Lorry
Vauxhall
Range Rover
Volkswagen
Mercedes-Benz

I also find that the most courteous drivers tend to be BMW and Merc drivers too.

One thing I do find is in the Merc people move back out of the overtaking lane and let me passed, in the BMW they don't, they will sit there doing 70mph even with a completely empty lane. Then after 5 minutes I do flash and they start to give it the big 'un!
But really, who's the nob??

I always drive the Mercedes gently; I hate it when people follow the trail of rust flakes right to my front door to berate me for poor driving

On the road, I have found Audi drivers to be the most angry/impatient. Also, many of the most unpleasant and competitive people I know seem drawn to Audis, particularly the TT;)

Surveys like this are a bit anecdotal lets be honest. Its not about what make of car we drive its about how we behave.

Surveys like this are a bit anecdotal lets be honest. Its not about what make of car we drive its about how we behave.

Absolutely, but I am sure there are elements of a particular brand image that appeal to certain personality types, and how we behave is partly due to personality.

BMW just rubs people up the wrong way, so many people, even car lovers, hate the brand with a passion, I am sure it annoys people more than any other brand, and therefore will always come out top in surveys like this.

Mate of mine slags every BMW off under the sun, he drives a 3.0tdi Quattro and I always here how much quicker his car is than a 330d, he tells everyone, but he has never, ever driven a BMW. I have offered him a drive of all mine but just refuses.
How can you judge something you have experienced??

Read the Audi forums, and the Merc forums to an extent, a lot of BMW slagging, where as on the BMW forums there is always praise for the other brands, they may say they wouldn't buy one as they prefer the BMW drive, but still point out that it is a nice looking or very comfy car etc.
It is very strange.

One of the most dangerous of all personality disorders displayed on our roads is when, on an A or B-road, the car being overtaken closes the gap leaving the overtaking car on the wrong side of the road faced with the 'choice' of overtaking at least one more vehicle or abandoning the overtaking manouvere.
In my experience this is most often perpetrated by drivers of Audis and VWs, especially if the Audi is a few years old.
It is more than mere coincidence.

Can't speak for the Range Rover Sport drivers, but proper Range Rover drivers must be amongst the most relaxed anywhere...

My money is on the Audi drivers for sure, always like they have something to prove

BMW just rubs people up the wrong way, so many people, even car lovers, hate the brand with a passion, I am sure it annoys people more than any other brand, and therefore will always come out top in surveys like this.

Mate of mine slags every BMW off under the sun, he drives a 3.0tdi Quattro and I always here how much quicker his car is than a 330d, he tells everyone, but he has never, ever driven a BMW. I have offered him a drive of all mine but just refuses.
How can you judge something you have experienced??

Read the Audi forums, and the Merc forums to an extent, a lot of BMW slagging, where as on the BMW forums there is always praise for the other brands, they may say they wouldn't buy one as they prefer the BMW drive, but still point out that it is a nice looking or very comfy car etc.
It is very strange.
In my opinion, the problem that belies BMW owners is their catchphrase- 'Ultimate Driving Machine' and like all good marketing, you get people that buy these cars that think this makes them a good driver.
As most people will tell you from my previous posts, I'm not a BMW fan, quite the opposite in fact, and I think this comes partly from my experience of BMW drivers....:crazy: certainly a myopic view, but mine nonetheless...
When I am out and about, I generally show courtesy to all drivers and always give them the benefit of the doubt, but I will only take so much and then the lid gets blown off:mad::devil:

I always try to blame the driver not the car. Mind you that said the most recent cockish behaviour I have seen were a couple of Audi drivers?

I'm not a fanboi about cars either, Merc, BMW, Audi and even poxhaul have the pro's and con's :D

Lots of estate agents round my way drive Audis .... some others drive BMW's ...... very very few drive Mercedes. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom