Are you a Higgs Boson expert?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Are you a Higgs Boson expert? ;)

Anyone else noticed how many Higgs Boson experts there are at work these days? I’m surprised they aren’t down at CERN helping out they all seem to know so much.

Funny how quickly the unknown becomes known, then becomes common knowledge. :)

In the land of the blind One Eye is king ....

I watched it on newsnight scotland last night, and the Scientist that came up with the theory was given a round of applause by the team working on it.

One of those proud to be British moments.

Last edited:
Higgs-Boson particle went to church. Priest said we don't allow your sort in here. Higgs-Boson said well, how can you have mass then?

:bannana::bannana::bannana: :rock:

The Higgs Boson has proved a somewhat elusive quarry till now. It could be described in similar terms to Bob Diamond's testimony yesterday ---- "slippery as an epileptic eel in a bucket of wallpaper paste" according to one newspaper. Nice to see the serried ranks of scientists giving the old boy a standing ovation--- and his modest reply.

Q: What do you do when you find a dead chemist?
A: Barium.

:D lol

A great achievement, a costly achievement, with no immediate practical value, strangely at odds with four people dying every minute from hunger.
"The people have no bread.", "Let them eat Higgs-Boson particles."

On a lighter note...

The Higgs Boson. Since we are now pretty sure it actually exists, can we all agree to stop calling it the "God particle?"

Last edited:
Apparently Photons have mass, I didn't even know they were Catholic :D

there was another poor classic im trying to remember something like:
A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says.
The bartender promptly serves up a beer.
"How much will that be?" asks the neutron.
"For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge"

two protons sat in the corner of the bar, one says to the other "that neutron didnt get charged for that beer", the other says "are you sure", "yes im positive" says the other!

:D

A great achievement, a costly achievement, with no immediate practical value, strangely at odds with four people dying every minute from hunger.
"The people have no bread.", "Let them eat Higgs-Boson particles."

On a lighter note...

The Higgs Boson. Since we are now pretty sure it actually exists, can we all agree to stop calling it the "God particle?"

Overheard at Cern a few years ago:--- Good God Berners-Lee are you still wasting your time with this Hypertext Transfer Protocol rubbish- just so you can make a few academic computers talk to each other----- big deal----- not exactly going to change the world is it? ;)

Last edited:
HAHA yeah it never took off that.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom