Arghhhhhhhhhh the school hols

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark.t

Banned
Car
E300 td tomtom sat nav in car dvd
hi kids have been off school for 3 days (feels like 3 years) wrecked the house ...my back has gone from picking things up ....to stop it from looking like a explosion from a toy factory....spent 9 trillion pounds already.....had 97 backchats....76 stomps ....47 whines...wish they were (wines red pref)...me and wife just keep looking at each other lip reading about what activity to do next if they here us its got to happen......the wife's a bit mad on buying things for the kids a faze she gone through for about 10 years we have 11 stack and store boxes and 2 cupboards full of toys .... a whole room to themselves with sofa cable TV DVD .ps2...musical instruments...2 toy prams table chairs ....rocking horses ..in the garden...trampoline ..slide ...playhouse .... the list is endless ...all I got as a kid was ..... go out and play try not to get dirty ....and don't get runover or have the police come knocking...if you show me up there will be trouble..here's a jam butty see you in 10 hours ....

how do you deal with the hols .......

Last edited:
hi kids have been off school for 3 days (feels like 3 years) wrecked the house ...my back has gone from picking things up ....to stop it from looking like a explosion from a toy factory....spent 9 trillion pounds already.....had 97 backchats....76 stomps ....47 whines...wish they were (wines red pref)...me and wife just keep looking at each other lip reading about what activity to do next if they here us its got to happen......the wife's a bit mad on buying things for the kids a faze she gone through for about 10 years we have 11 stack and store boxes and 2 cupboards full of toys .... a whole room to themselves with sofa cable TV DVD .ps2...musical instruments...2 toy prams table chairs ....rocking horses ..in the garden...trampoline ..slide ...playhouse .... the list is endless ...all I got as a kid was ..... go out and play try not to get dirty ....and don't get runover or have the police come knocking...if you show me up there will be trouble..here's a jam butty see you in 10 hours ....

Please can I come and live at your house? :bannana:

Grandkids are best - we give ours high caffine coke/blue smarties and have carpet picnics where cutlery and plates are not allowed. When their behaviour gets intolerable we simply send them home!! :devil:

the wifes mother dose that :devil: :devil: but it had little effect on amy .....till the wife gave her some ribena then all hell broke loose:D

how do you deal with the hols .......

its called the joys of parenting or so my parents keep telling me:crazy:

but your house sounds just like mine but we have a mad dog added to the mixture:crazy:

its called the joys of parenting or so my parents keep telling me:crazy:

but your house sounds just like mine but we have a mad dog added to the mixture:crazy:

That's not a very nice thing to say about JP!! :D

Tell Mark how many kids you have - he has it easy!!! :bannana:

hard labour!

Get them to do the garden and then if they ahve time send them down mines like when i was lad.

I don't have children, so now school holidays to me mean I get to work in less time.

Anyway, when I was a boy I used to get set jobs with seemingly no end - I felt like a junior version of Sisyphus. Such tasks involved picking up stones in a 13 acre field (in case they damaged the plough), putting on or taking off (depending on the time of year) tyres from the silage pit, or using an evil looking hook device to slice big thistles off at the base.

All character building stuff. Can't you have your kids dig up the garden in prepartion for a treehouse/wendy house or something? :)

right just sent mine up our chimney with a brush ....... it was a bit of a squeeze as i thinks theres a flue in there:D .... asked her about digging the garden ... and she said she digged it ...:crazy: shown her a spade .... whats that for ....you ....why..... dig the garden ..... on ya bike dad...... i'm offf for lunch with grandad :eek:

Well I only have just the one boy, 7 years, I try and keep him occupied with different tasks throught the day.

1) TV
2) Xbox
3) Computer
4) Couple of hours down the park
5) Helping making breakfast lunch etc. He can even make his own sandwich.
6) Washing the car
7) Having a little nap
8) Cleaning up his mess.

Right, I don't think I will be having any more kids. Enough said.

just 3 for me, 14 yr old twin boys and younger boy 12 (next week)............
glad i'm at work :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Q; can i have some money for blahblahblah??
A; get a job and spend what you want!!! (harsh but fair methinks..)

the first couple of weeks are ok but the last 4: nightmare :eek:

the wife has it hardest - being at home all time

Still, on the bright side - the first 18 years are the worst........:confused:

Hehe, been there done that got the scars:) It is quite nice when they flee the nest...mine are recently departed, so I can sell the small, sensible and family car and buy an SLk (arrives Tuesday:):)

Enjoy it while you can, time passes all to quickly!

Colin.

have got baby whizzing round in new baby walker:eek: 7 and 4 year old trying to do beading and playing with play-doh:eek: (wooden floors are a wonderfull invention:rock: ) 14 year old moaning its to early to get up :confused:

its like a war zone in here:eek:

Cheer up, soon be Christmas:devil: :devil: :devil: .

Yep, I dont have any children. Well none I intend to admit to.

and if anyone says this little blighter looks anything like me I shall be very upset.
IMAG0895.jpg

Last edited:
Cheer up, soon be Christmas:devil: :devil: :devil: .

Yep, I dont have any children. Well none I intend to admit to.

and if anyone says this little blighter looks anything like me I shall be very upset.

Nope. Has more hair.

I think I may have a pic of me when I was his age.

well potentially I was about 2 years older i think.

its such a long time ago.

menaked.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom