Arghhhhhhhhhhh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some cutting compound will remove some of the marks, but where the white is showing through, that's the primer / undercoat, so that will need respraying. If it was an older or not in perfect condition ( as it is ) then a matchstick touch up would probably do. Sorry the new's is not better. Seems like it was a lighter shade of blue paint on it as well...do you remember being close to any vehicle with that colour? That's what I would consider to be a very aggravating incident, to have it in perfect condition, and that to happen, you have my sympathy .... Hope that it will all work out OK for you.

I strongly suggest that you start with nothing more than a fibre cloth soaked in WD40, rubbing the area while applying pressure.

This will obviously not repair anything, BUT it will very effectively remove all residue that is from the other vehicle.

Then, whatever damage you are left with, will need to addressed.

You will be surprised how much smaller the affected area will become after a good rub with WD40 ('other solvents are available'....). And it will save you applying T-Cut to areas that do not really need it.

I strongly suggest that you start with nothing more than a fibre cloth soaked in WD40, rubbing the area while applying pressure.

This will obviously not repair anything, BUT it will very effectively remove all residue that is from the other vehicle.

Then, whatever damage you are left with, will need to addressed.

You will be surprised how much smaller the affected area will become after a good rub with WD40 ('other solvents are available'....). And it will save you applying T-Cut to areas that do not really need it.
The reason I suggested cutting compound Markjay, is the trouble with using solvents is,some of them can eat into the clear coat finish. But cutting compound will not do this. Here on the forum is the first time that I have heard about using WD40 as a paint cleaning agent.....you live and learn !!!.

The reason I suggested cutting compound Markjay, is the trouble with using solvents is,some of them can eat into the clear coat finish. But cutting compound will not do this. Here on the forum is the first time that I have heard about using WD40 as a paint cleaning agent.....you live and learn !!!.
I ageee in principle that solvents should be used on paintwork with great care, but WD40 works in a different way - it's not a solvent as such, instead it displaced and 'lifts' the foreign material without damaging the original surface.

There is no fear of the bumper "corroding"as its plastic! I would caution against introducing any third party cover up remedies to such damage as any professional repairer will not thank you for this if you intend to use their services? In terms of rubbing compound you won't go wrong with Farecla products like G3
G3 - Farécla

When Abraham Lincoln was asked, "How long do you think a man’s legs should be?" he replied, "Long enough to reach the ground".

When MJ was asked, "How big do you think a man’s car engine should be?" he replied, "Big enough to reach 70 mph".

(MJ exits stage left)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom