Argos Bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joe

Car
W203
I have searched the forums and found quite a few people have mentioned these units....has anyone bought and fitted and are they as good as the web site says?

My w203 (pre-face lift)without phone pre-wire, Comand fitted.

Quite a few places offering them Argos D2B

Any Input Appreciated

Joe

Has anyone now tried this and how good is it?
I am told it will work with Motorola and Sony Ericsson but not Nokias. Is this right?

Alfie may well know, but if it's Bluetooth I'm not sure why it would only work with certain brands of phones?

Alfie has tried to contact the company but with no joy (not sure recently) i gave up waiting and had a BURY 9060 fitted, extremely pleased so far especially for the price.

Has anyone now tried this and how good is it?
I am told it will work with Motorola and Sony Ericsson but not Nokias. Is this right?

Ok....So I investigated these units and exchanged quite a few mails with a company who supplies them.
I was told it would intergrate into my car without much effort.

I have discovered American and UK supplied w203's are different animals and in American models most of the phone prewire is installed (just hardware missing)
My Car had no such extra Cables and was supplied with exactly the spec I ordered.

So the argos was assuming you had fiber optics and appropiate harness in boot area.
I think the Argos unit was limited and was only appealing with the promise of a pain free install

I came to the conclusion that a D2B kit (cars with no prewire)from Comand Online was an easier and cheaper option.
The Install was very easy and the completed look is close to factory fit

(So it is not the Bluetooth solution I actually wanted, but I also purchased a cheap merc nokia holder and will (perhaps) fit a Bluetooth module into this later.)

I located a merc k800i holder and all functions work via the comand unit....phone book and reading of text messages.
I am absolutely delighted with the results of the install and would recommend this solution to anyone with same problem.
I still need to get the car/phone install coded which I will do in near Future.

Good Luck
Joe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom