Ariel signal booster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lotusmark2

MB Enthusiast
Car
Fiat 500, Mercedes B200
Hi all
Can anyone recommend an aeriel signal booster that works. Since getting a DVD recorder my 1-5 channels have not been great, the colour pulses slightly. Think this is due to poor signal as I only use a loft aeriel but any other suggestions welcome.

Why are you using a washing powder in the loft to access television......:crazy:

Are we talking digital or analogue signal here? what sort of interconnections have you got -- RF[ CO-AX cable] or SCART? Signal strength from an outside aerial is ten times stronger than a indoor loft one. Quite often if you plug/unplug old co-ax you can get connection problems with plugs. Check continuity of the central core and make sure its not shorting to the outer shielding.

Last edited:
Plugging in a DVD recorder will not de grade the picture if done correctly, it should be the same as it was before

If you are using via the scart as you should be, try switching the TV menu between RGB and composite

Hi guys,

To answer your questions:

The setup is as follows
Aerial to DVD recorder (CO-AX)
DVD to TV (Monster SCART lead)
Sky digi box to DVD (Monster SCART lead)
Video to DVD (normal scart lead)

Symptom
When watching analogue 1-5 with the DVD recorder switched to standby, all is fine
Wehn the DVD rec is switched on and the channels 1-5 watched through this (as if recording what you are viewing) you get the pulsing colours.

This is also the same if recording 1-5 on the DVD (but its fine if you record 1-5 off Sky)

Hope that helps

Last edited:
OK you have the modulators set to close together, thats the RF output, Sky normally uses ch68 if the output from the DVD is to close to this it will interfere,. move the output to say ch 66 or 64 if these are not being used by you terrestrial stations

If you are not using a Sky link, then your aerial does not even have to go through the Sky box

Other possibility is that your DVD has automatically used its digital tuner rather than an analogue one (if indeed it has an analogue tuner at all) and your are watching some freeview digital channels thro your terrestrial aerial?? whats the make and model of your DVD RECORDER? You might cure things by realigning/ changing the horizonal/vertical polarity of your aerial (yaggi array) DONT DO THIS YET!!! try televisions solution first.

Hi,
I do not have the co-ax going to the sky at all, just to the DVD recorder.

I had a few issueswith the Samsung I had so I am now running a Philips DVDR with HDD.

No Freeview being used.

It seems like the DVDr my be picking up some kind of interference from the other items pluged into it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom