Arizona's 'Stupid Motorist Law'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"working in Victoria’s bushland" interesting connotations [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Slightly less so than my rapidly amended original words “in Victoria’s bush”!

The thing that puzzles me is hat given how the fires are spreading that they haven't been cutting down trees to create a clear zone before it reaches built up areas. Seems an obvious step to me. A lot of the images I've seen there are trees close to houses.

Doing a U-turn across double whites on the Hayle A30 bypass when traffic has come to a standstill heading west while the traffic coming in the other direction is bottoming out about 70mph and it's on the brow of a hill blind bend (well it is when something's coming around it at 70+mph)..... again... and again.... and again.......

The thing that puzzles me is hat given how the fires are spreading that they haven't been cutting down trees to create a clear zone before it reaches built up areas. Seems an obvious step to me. A lot of the images I've seen there are trees close to houses.

The fires are a national disgrace. Apparently huge areas were turned into wild national parks where humans didn't live and nature could do its thing. Nature being nature the trees and brush took over. In the process the fire roads used to get the firefighters in and out were lost. 40c may be hot for Australia but I've experienced that in Arizona and it's not unusual. Plus it's mis-summer down there. Next the likely firestarter was a human. BBQ anyone? The states and national response times were appalling. Wot, no Canadairs? And the military have only just been sent in.
Of course, it's all really down to climate change. In a way it is because the fires are making their own climate.
Ironically Australia is the largest exporter of coal to China and India.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom