Armrest w/ box for w202 in balck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inkyskin

As the title says! Don't mind if it's wood trim or what, it'll be getting covered up anyhow.

Cheers!

As the title says! Don't mind if it's wood trim or what, it'll be getting covered up anyhow.

Cheers!

Have you tried dronsfields? I got mine from there, or they come up on ebay all the time. If you message the sellers who are breaking MBs and more specifically the later W202s they should have one for you. Failing this try german ebay or when you search on ebay.co.uk make sure you check on europe sellers also.

Cheers - tried every breakers within 100000 miles and no one has one, looks like it'll be ebay or broke ;

I see your taking up a few projects on your car these days Inkyskin. Ask mercman for one from a late Sport/Espirit model as these will have black ones to match your dash.

I don't need it to match my dash as that's going to get covered in CF film to make it look more like the sports one (Can't seem to find any dash panels with rectangle 4 ways button, else I'd get a replacement)

But black leather look is essential :)

That's for disabling the interior motion sensors or the tow sensor for the alarm system :)

Heres an image of my buttons:

buttons.jpg

Rare for an early W202 to have it.

Standard on the facelifts: :)

march5.jpg

On a slightly separate note, Inky whats that button on the far right on your console in your gallery. (The one with the heater controls on). :)

Its the anti-theft/tow alarm disable switch and if im correct thats an extra option on pre-pre and pre-facelift W202's :D

I wonder how hard it would be to convert my console to a facelift one. The main thing that would be awkward (I think) would be the newer heating units, I bet the wiring would be completely different (Even non aircon like mine)...

I feel a challenge coming on...

Its the anti-theft/tow alarm disable switch and if im correct thats an extra option on pre-pre and pre-facelift W202's :D

Dammit, your car is special Inky :D

I wonder how hard it would be to convert my console to a facelift one. The main thing that would be awkward (I think) would be the newer heating units, I bet the wiring would be completely different (Even non aircon like mine)...

I feel a challenge coming on...

Not worth it I'm afraid unless you want to completely dismantle your car and put in a whole new wiring loom to cater for the facelift switches.... the pre-facelift switches are alot easier to play around with as the looms come in parts for different sections, whereas in the facelift cars the front and rear windows were on the same loom and the switches on the same switchboard.

Steve Krabbenbourg of MBenzNL has done this on his car but it was gutted completely and resprayed before he completed this mod. It took him the best part of 2 weeks to do.

Last edited:
Dont go there :D

You will need to completly re-wire everything! Only person I know of who has done it is Steve (MbenzNL)

You will need to completly re-wire everything! Only person I know of who has done it is Steve (MbenzNL)

But it can't be that bad, surely... Maybe I'll leave it untill I've done everything else :D

LOL..... he went a step further by even converting it to automatic climate !

Even doing the leccy windows will be a pain, very early models like yours have separate controllers, later are one complete unit.

I can see I'm going to end up spending A LOT of time on the wiring on this car in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom