Arnold Clark Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by merc180k, Oct 29, 2010.

1. merc180k

merc180k Active Member

Car:
    C180K Avantgarde SE Sport
    Hi folks,

Buying Mrs M new Cmax tomorrow from Arnold Clark (I'm keeping the Merc for a while longer) and while we have a cracking deal for the car, I'm torn on whether to take the warranty - and if so do I go 1 or 2 years?!

Has anyone had any experience of claiming under their warranty and any things to watch out for?

Cheers

Simon

2. dirth

dirth New Member

Car:
    There are plenty of anti-Arnold Clark sites/forums........read them regarding AC warranty........

3. Druk

Druk MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
    My personal experience of Mr Clarks warranty is that he will ignore it completely until it is up...then fail your car at it's first MOT on the things you have been trying for the last three years to get him to fix.

2 people like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    merc180k

merc180k Active Member

Car:
    C180K Avantgarde SE Sport
    Yeah, I did a search and saw some nagative reviews. Wondering though if these are an unrealistic proportion - you always hear the negative never the positives.

5. jaymanek

jaymanek Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    Lots of Mercedes!
    Arnold Clark sells a LOT of cars and I can promise you only the negatives will be posted on line.

Personally I would take out an AA warranty, they are very good.

6. clegsr

clegsr Active Member

Car:
    Later
    If you are thinking of spending £395 on a two year warranty then I think better advice is put that money aside to cover anything that breaks, and don't buy the warranty.

I have bought several cars over the last few years with several different types of warranty and they all have been a waste of money - either nothing went wrong or if it did go wrong then the warranty didn't cover it.

Do they offer a 30 day exchange?