Arnold Clark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ernie

Car
Audi Q2; W205 Sport 2018 (Gone)
For any of you who use the former John R. Weir dealership in Grangemouth, They will no longer supply light bulbs ove rthe counter, however, they will fit foc if you are a regular. What they might charge if you are not a regular is anybody's guess!!

Ernie

Why won't they sell them over at the sales counter?

Not sure, but the service girl said it was to save you going round the back. The parts counter is at the back of the dealership and not too accessible now as they seem to be piling the cars high, AC style, now. It seemed a strange policy to me, but suited me OK. However, I wouldn't be paying their hourly rate for the time it took to get my car back!

Ernie

Thanks ernie. I use fraser in the parts dept and hes always been spot on.

For any of you who use the former John R. Weir dealership in Grangemouth, They will no longer supply light bulbs ove rthe counter, however, they will fit foc if you are a regular. What they might charge if you are not a regular is anybody's guess!!

Ernie

So in the past they'd sell you a bulb and you'd have to fit it, now they'll sell you a bulb and fit it for nothing.

What's the downside?????

So in the past they'd sell you a bulb and you'd have to fit it, now they'll sell you a bulb and fit it for nothing.

What's the downside?????

A possible charge for the favour if you're not a regular! To be fair, though, I've always found them to be helpful, even to supplying free spare bulbs for a Continental holiday last year.

I get the impression that they are trying to look after their customers during these early days.

Ernie

Given the fiddly mechanism Mercedes employ in their cars this is great.

Plus most cars have xenon lights that mb stipulate should be dealer only changed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom