Arnott Air Suspension Opens European Union Sales and Distribution Center

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shame we don't get the lifetime warranty that the US customers enjoy on all Arnott products apart from compressors.

My car is now fitted with Arnott at the rear with Arnott compressor which I purchased last year from a dealer in Germany. Very happy with the reliability compared to stock so fingers crossed it lasts ;)

My car is now fitted with Arnott at the rear with Arnott compressor which I purchased last year from a dealer in Germany. Very happy with the reliability compared to stock so fingers crossed it lasts ;)

From memory, the MB struts have 3 modes: convenience, sports 1 & sports 2. Convenience is the most comfy for everyday use, whereas sports 1 and 2 give a firmer ride...you feel the bumps more, less damping.

I presume, maybe incorrectly, that sports 1 and 2 modes were intended for higher speed driving? If so, how do the Arnott struts handle at high speeds on German autobahns, considering they only have the equivalent of the MB struts' convenience mode? Maybe this matters more for front struts?

From memory, the MB struts have 3 modes: convenience, sports 1 & sports 2. Convenience is the most comfy for everyday use, whereas sports 1 and 2 give a firmer ride...you feel the bumps more, less damping.

I presume, maybe incorrectly, that sports 1 and 2 modes were intended for higher speed driving? If so, how do the Arnott struts handle at high speeds on German autobahns, considering they only have the equivalent of the MB struts' convenience mode? Maybe this matters more for front struts?

If Arnott's struts remove the ability to select Comfort, Sport I and Sport II, I would not use them.

Arnott designs New Struts & Air Springs, we remanufacture Original Struts and we design Air-to-Coil sets.

When you purchase our remans, the behavior & functionality of the Airmatic system will stay the same.

Our newly designed air springs and struts are also a Plug & Play solution. So no change in whatsoever.

Only if you switch from Air-to-Coil, there will be a difference in functionality and behavior of the Airmatic system.

If Arnott's struts remove the ability to select Comfort, Sport I and Sport II, I would not use them.

Well that is what I discovered when I needed to replace my front struts last year.

I almost bought the Arnott struts but due to:

1. The warranty issue
2. Lack of dealers here (one Midlands way iirc)
3. Not being strictly identical in operation to the MB struts (convenience mode, but no sports 1 and 2 modes)
4. Only a small price difference
5. Wanting to preserve resale price

...I bought the standard MB ones.

I never use sports 1 or 2 modes anyway (unless demoing the comfort of convenience mode) , so this wasn't really important to me, but just peace of mind with using standard stuff.

Next time, I might well consider the Arnott struts.

Last edited:
The ones I describe above were not the remanufactured ones, but the Arnott designs...I.e. the brand new ones sold.

I could have had the remans, but I had a bad feeling using stuff that wasn't all 100% new. Plus it wasn't a lot cheaper and had the hassle of ordering from USA and fitting etc, whereas the MB garage nearby could fit MB ones straight away with no hassle.

But as I never use sports 1 & 2 modes, and if the issues above are largely redundant, then I would definitely reconsider purchasing Arnott struts next time.

Last edited:
Well that is what I discovered when I needed to replace my front struts last year.

I almost bought the Arnott struts but due to:

1. The warranty issue
2. Not being strictly identical in operation to the MB struts (convenience mode, but no sports 1 and 2 modes)
5. Wanting to preserve resale price

...I bought the standard MB ones.

I never use sports 1 or 2 modes anyway (unless demoing the comfort of convenience mode) , so this wasn't really important to me, but just peace of mind with using standard stuff.

Next time, I might well consider the Arnott struts.

I do want to re-act on your summary:

1. The warranty issue
- We always gave 2 year warranty on our products and from jan.1st it has become Lifetime Warranty

- We even have a couple of Distributors in the UK.

3. Not being strictly identical in operation to the MB struts (convenience mode, but no sports 1 and 2 modes)
- As said, our products are Plug & Play, with the same functionality as the originals.

- Retailprice NEW Front S-Class (w220) Air Strut +/- GBP 455 ex. VAT and Sh.&H. ánd we purchase your old cores

But indeed, who knows, maybe next time you consider Arnott :thumb:

When you purchase our remans, the behavior & functionality of the Airmatic system will stay the same.

'Remans' : remanufactured old MB airmatic struts that have the standard convenience, sports 1 and sports 2 settings

Our newly designed air springs and struts are also a Plug & Play solution. So no change in whatsoever.

These have only the equivalent of the 'convenience mode' setting of the original MB struts. So they lack sports 1 and 2 settings? At least that was true when I looked in January 2014.

Only if you switch from Air-to-Coil, there will be a difference in functionality and behavior of the Airmatic system.

Are these a different model than I looked at in January 2014?

Are you describing one or two Arnott designs here or just one?

I have just fitted a new Arnott strut to my E55 which I purchased on 22nd December and so for so good it seems to be performing well and the service from Arnott was excellent and delivery was 2 days from placing my order. My old strut is being collected today / tomorrow for my 200 Euro core deposit

As mentioned strut was plug and play and supports the same functions as the original (comfort Sport I and II)

I also contacted Arnott sales today and they confirmed mine would also be covered by the lifetime warranty

So all in all I am 100% happy with use of Arnott rather than MB original

1. The warranty issue
- We always gave 2 year warranty on our products and from jan.1st it has become Lifetime Warranty

Yes, for UK customers, like most on this forum, it was this lifetime warranty that was not available, but is now.

- We even have a couple of Distributors in the UK.

The Midlands is in the UK. Is a UK dealer list available?

- As said, our products are Plug & Play, with the same functionality as the originals.

As of one year ago, only MB remans offered identical functionality...I.e. convenience, sports 1 and sports 2 modes.

The Arnott design strut offered one year ago, whilst being a drop in replacement, did not have sports 1 and 2 modes.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I can dig out some Arnott correspondence here somewhere.

- Retailprice NEW Front S-Class (w220) Air Strut +/- GBP 455 ex. VAT and Sh.&H. ánd we purchase your old cores

455 + VAT = £550 approx
How much is shipping and handling?
How much do you give for old MB cores? How much to send them?
How much would a garage charge to fit the new Arnott struts?

I paid £1500 including fitting labour and VAT for a pair of MB front struts last year, so it looks like some saving should be possible, but maybe not that much?

I have just fitted a new Arnott strut to my E55 which I purchased on 22nd December and so for so good it seems to be performing well and the service from Arnott was excellent and delivery was 2 days from placing my order. My old strut is being collected today / tomorrow for my 200 Euro core deposit

As mentioned strut was plug and play and supports the same functions as the original (comfort Sport I and II)

I also contacted Arnott sales today and they confirmed mine would also be covered by the lifetime warranty

So all in all I am 100% happy with use of Arnott rather than MB original

Good news Mick.

Do you know if the struts provided were remanufactured MB struts, or were they a complete new Arnott design? What was the model number on the paperwork?

It was part number AS-2301 an Arnott remanufactured strut

Ok thanks for clarifying Mick.

So you are now using an original MB airmatic strut that has been remanufactured by Arnott, and obviously it still provides its original ride modes of convenience, sports 1 & sports 2.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for clarifying Mick.

So you are now using an original MB airmatic strut that has been remanufactured by Arnott, and obviously it still provides its original ride modes of convenience, sports 1 & sports 2.

Correct, remanufactured struts are the only option that Arnott offer for 211 E55

What price did you pay for a pair including purchase + shipping/handling, any old core rebates, fitting at a garage etc?

I only replaced one front and paid 525 euro + 200 euro core deposit + 17 euro shipping (these prices plus VAT)

Fitted myself was a fairly simple job and took me less then 2 hours (good instructions were supplied by Arnott)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom