Arrived Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
As my brake discs were due for change on my C55, i had a look at the Brembo big brake kit but the cost for front and rear came to over £4k. After some research on a number of forums i found that the 6 pot caliper and floating discs from a CLK63 AMG bolted straight onto a C55, and that a 4 pot caliper and disc from the SLK55 AMG 030 performance pack bolted straight onto the rear albeit a slight modification to the dust shield.

As the cost of the CLK63 /SLK55 caliper's and discs (which i believe are made by Brembo) came to less than what the front cost of the Brembo BBK I have decided that this is the route to go, so today i picked up the SLK55 rear calipers and discs, and awaiting for the CLK63 calipers and discs which should be arriving Thursday.

I will post some pics later in the week as due to my work comittments i unable to get them fitted so entrusted them to a friend who did my C200K F&R Black Diamond discs upgrade, which hopefully should be Friday.

Here are some pics of the SLK55 AMG 030 performance pack rotor and caliper - more pics soon.

4pot1.jpg

4pot2.jpg

4pot3.jpg

They look really nice... but i thought the calipers and discs on the C55 looked badass already?!

They look really nice... but i thought the calipers and discs on the C55 looked badass already?!

The fronts have a nice 4 pot and drilled 345 disc, but the rear has a rusty 2 piston caliper with non-drilled or slotted disc. The benefit of going 6 / 4 will mean better stopping power plus a better look allround with matching AMG calipers and discs.

Looks nice but apart from track use will you notice any difference? in day to day driving.

Looks nice but apart from track use will you notice any difference? in day to day driving.

I am seriously considering some other mods in the near future. This is the first part of a number of ideas i have. For anyone who has driven a C55 at speed - there is always room for improving braking performance whether on the track or street. Cosmetically the brake upgrade will be worth it given that the front caliper and rotor of the Brembo BBK costs more than the F&R caliper and rotor option i have chosen - plus i am retaining OEM AMG look.

Last edited:
Looking good would like to see some pic's

Are you using Genuine or uprated pad's ?

Regards *** Tuning

Looking good would like to see some pic's

Are you using Genuine or uprated pad's ?

Regards *** Tuning

Thanks. I will be using EBC ceramic redstuff pads f&r.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom