arrow by the P on the dashboard ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup...as more and more people on here admit . This is a bogus piece of 'technology' no one really needs.

Yup...as more and more people on here admit . This is a bogus piece of 'technology' no one really needs.
I don’t mind being the odd one out.

Although steering yourself doesn’t sound like t’s anywhere near as useful as when the car parks itself.

it definitely isnt useless technology on the newer models. it is actually really good on some of them. I used it at least 100 times in my gla 45. it was very well implemented.

I've used it 0 times on the c class though. I've attempted to use it 0 times on the c class which has a 360 cam

I’ve had mixed success; occasionally it has parked me very nicely (on mine I have to turn the wheel for it), but sometimes the system and I disagree, it gets into a huff, starts issuing weird steering instructions and then when I don’t follow them it gives up and says disdainfully ‘parking guidance cancelled’. Probably user error...

Well, I have never used it. While I have the confidence to take the car to very limit of adhesion (in an appropriate place!) I still lack the confidence to allow my car to park itself.
To be honest, the times I have to parallel park in the last year I can count on one hand, but I can still remember how to do it. Unlike the park assist system which I would now have to get the manual out to use!

I've had it for the last three years and never used it! I've heard a few horror stories of them banging into the kerb and knackering the wheels. I consider myself a reasonably good parallel parker as much of the parking in my local town is parallel, and it's a skill I wouldn't want to lose. Nor do I want to sit in the middle of the high street reading my instruction book. :D

When my wife's car had it, she refused to use it as it scared her. This is despite the fact she's not the best parker.

On her current Golf she only has parking sensors, when both front and back go off together, she turns it off as the noise bugs her :wallbash:

Has she hit anything, yes our daughters car whilst turning in our driveway :wallbash::wallbash: Love her to bits though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom