Arrrgghhh th MB may have to go!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lotusmark2

MB Enthusiast
Car
Fiat 500, Mercedes B200
I am looking at changing jobs and I will find out next week if its a goer or not, great!!! but it comes with a company car (uugghh) so the MB may have to go :( :(
So what is the current market price on an immaculate C240 with full MB history and 61k on the clock??
I will be negotiating hard to try for a car allowance not a car, does anyone know how to calculate what sort of allowance I should be asking for?
Cheers
Mark

Edit
sorry better mention the car is an Elegance, 98 S reg, full leather, aircon, cruise and speed limiter, Xenons and 17" M M wheels.

Last edited:
NNNOOOoooooooooo! ! :(

Can't Mrs. LM2 drive your beauty instead?

Alas W202 C240's don't command much of a premium these days.

S.

I am going to do everything in my power to keep the car, I love it, but the wife cant drive and I only have a one car drive

Hang out for the allowance - or at least a car worthy of ditching the C240 for - perhaps a nice S class :rolleyes: :D :bannana:

:( In that case, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get some kind of benefit or allowance for your C240 rather than be forced into a company box on wheels.

S.

cheers mate, thats what I am hoping for , although an Evo VIII does look nice, no I would rather have my beast

Between £5.5K and £8K depending on where you sell.

lotusmark2 said:
does anyone know how to calculate what sort of allowance I should be asking for?
Cheers
Mark.

Our company give an allowance of £6250 per annum which is subject to tax. Mileage rate is then 10p for Derv and 12p for Petrol

C230K

Last edited:
230K said:
Our company give an allowance of £62500 per annum which is subject to tax. Mileage rate is then 10p for Derv and 12p for Petrol

C230K
I hope that is £6250 or I'm coming to work at your place.
Cheers

lotusmark2 said:
I hope that is £6250 or I'm coming to work at your place.
Cheers

only if there's room for me too :eek:

Ok, if I have to have a company car then I will go for a small fast car to have a bit of fun on track days (but remember I am 6ft 8" tall) so I will have a reason to keep my V6 baby to do the long family runs (dog, rabbits etc...).
Any ideas up to the three price limits 20K, 25K and 30K

lotusmark2 said:
Ok, if I have to have a company car then I will go for a small fast car to have a bit of fun on track days....

.....Any ideas up to the three price limits 20K, 25K and 30K

hmm.. options that spring to my mind include the Audi S3 (fast 4 door hatch-back), or a Japanese rally car jobby (ie Mitsubishi, Saubaru etc)

lotusmark2 said:
I am looking at changing jobs and I will find out next week if its a goer or not, great!!! but it comes with a company car (uugghh) so the MB may have to go :( :(
So what is the current market price on an immaculate C240 with full MB history and 61k on the clock??
I will be negotiating hard to try for a car allowance not a car, does anyone know how to calculate what sort of allowance I should be asking for?

Well I have chosen a car allowance rather than a car. I'm at the lower end of the scale in my firm & I get $450 /month plus a petrol card. The monthly allowance goes up considerably the more senior you are. I once did the sums and worked out that on my bracket, its only worth going the company car route if you are doing over 25k per year. Under that you are quids in taking the money. The other thing about a company car is if you get anything quick/fun then you are going to be hit big time by the taxman.

Have you any company regulations on what you must spend your allowance on?

A company I previously worked for enforced that if you were taking a car allowance you had to be running a car less than 3 years old.

I have a car allowance too.

Had I gone the company car route, the leasing company we use gave me the choice of a 3 series (and not a very exciting one at that), an Audi A4, or a VOLVO !!

As others have said, unless you are doing monster miles, take the cash, if you can !

S.

Thanks guys, I really hope I can swing a car allowance but I know they have never done it before in the company so I will just have to wait and see.
I could alway go for a BRABUS Smart roadster if I have to have a car :devil:

My toopenneth, £72.00 per four week period fixed allowance and 38.30 pence per mile for anything above 1400 cc. This is the Local Goverment rate although I dont work for any such thing, I was TUPE'd to a Housing Trust in February 03'. Oh, and by the way, some of that it taxable. On about 5000 miles per year I get a tax bill of about £200. At least its the Polo that goes to work though.

GrahamC230K said:
Have you any company regulations on what you must spend your allowance on?

A company I previously worked for enforced that if you were taking a car allowance you had to be running a car less than 3 years old.

No regulation whatsoever... in fact some people get the allowance and dont drive a car - one that I know, doesn't even have a license.

Thats why I've been taking £450/ month and drive for and have been driving the same £2000 car for the last 3 years ;)

I can feel the flames comming my way from other non dull chrome drivers. Keep it if you can, its a VERY nice car. (God that was hard to say :eek: )
I dont know anything about company car procedure so cant comment other than could it be in the Companies Interest to let you drive what you are used to?

God that must have hurt Ian, ;)
The thing is that there are very few car I really fit in with any kind of comfort so this is my main point to the company.
I have decided that even if I do have to have a company car the 240 is staying, I just love it too much to part with it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom